Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

And it crashed .... And Autel responde to my warranty claim , seems like all is fine now :)

Good to hear. Had a feeling it would end up this way. At this point it's so new it can't be out of warranty. They let my proof slide when they replaced my battery because I couldn't find it.

Well if they let it slide that would be wonderful but I will probably get this shipped to the same person that got it in the first place :D since customs are a pain in the @55 when it comes to drones over here :D it would be better to get it over here safely :)

autel is going to lose a lot of money replacing all these drones.. they should have waited until they had it down and let the patent lawsuit bring the money in from dji (guessing dji is going to pay them to keep their drones shipping to the US).
a lot of the youtube influencers are getting their evo ii's replaced also it seems. i bet there's a large volume of people on here that are having no issues at the same time... someone should start a poll (which is not anonymous)

That shouldn't block OA from preventing the crash.
autel is going to lose a lot of money replacing all these drones.. they should have waited until they had it down and let the patent lawsuit bring the money in from dji (guessing dji is going to pay them to keep their drones shipping to the US).
a lot of the youtube influencers are getting their evo ii's replaced also it seems. i bet there's a large volume of people on here that are having no issues at the same time... someone should start a poll (which is not anonymous)

Well my main issue before the crash was range and sudden loss of connection while the rc signal and vid feed signl were high , got a video of that in another topic and later came the crash due connection loss and inabilty of the rc and drone establish a connection again , some people have other issues as it seems and as you mention some have non , it is like as if the drone is still in mid beta test :)

Like this year of the Savior God who said:
This year in Easter, I'm not going down to earth, it's you, who are going up .............

Reactions: Barboza
I see on your video, you had the tip of the antenna facing up. Try facing it 45 degrees down to avoid disconnections.

Buddy I tried both ways :D up down just to make it connect , in the vid rc and drone were like 5 meters apart :D also u have to position em down due to the phone

BTW supports first response time was pretty quick but later on after replying em with photos and the answers to their questions I haven't recieved a single reply as of yet . Maybe they got their hands full or out staffed atm we shall see :)

autelsupport.jpg

Glad everything turned out well for you. I’m a little nervous to get mine in the air now.

Well fully update it , do the sensor calibration and have a clear and spacious landing area , make sure the home point is correct and send her off , do a few rth tries and later on send it off till signal is lost , once it is lost and found do it a few more times . If you have a clear landing spot it will return and even if it does not reconnect you can catch it :) If the worst case scenario happens at least you know autel will back you up ;)

View attachment 7092
So all is very very fine atm :)

My EVO II Pro Crashed From a Hover. Autel CS Gives Good Service on First Contact.

Sat Oct 3, on its third flight of the day, for no apparent reason, right before my very eyes, about 50ft distance, my EVO II Pro dropped from a hover at about 50 ft. It crashed to the ground breaking the 6k and front two motors and cracking the frame. The aircraft was electronically dead. Props were intact. No missing parts. All other systems on the ground were working and remained working. Battery healthy & at 50%. RC & Vid signals, fine. OAS, on. Location, free from EMF and where I've flown at least 10 flights prior. It was bizarre to watch!

At home, I was able to activate the aircraft through the battery button. Battery and housing, normal. Body case, cracked but no sign or electrical burnout. Arms connected and operative. I viewed the flight log, then turned it off because the broken 6k gimbal/camera was attempting to stabilize unsuccessfully, flailing around. Very sad to watch a $900 k camera doing this.

I called Autel CS that afternoon. David came on after a short wait. (So far, so good!) The call went very well! Professional, informative, friendly and concerned. David listened, asked good question and took notes. He explained the process for the warranty inspection and repair or replacement. I sent my narrative (like this one) with pictures. David explained that the Autel forensic techs will get all the flight info from the craft. I'm waiting now for a Return Authorization document.

I have no immediate explanation for what I could have done on the ground to cause this, i.e. to turn the drone off inflight. Clearly, that should never, ever happen. I've had been flying drones for 5 years have had my share of user-caused crashes. Most were between $25-200, with the latter have similar capabilities as the EVO II, although certainly not as sophisticated as the EVO II Pro. No way. BUT NONE HAVE EVER TURNED OFF IN FLIGHT.

I expect Autel will conduct a thorough investigation, identify the cause and follow up responsibly.

I will keep you updated in a step-wise manner as Barbzoa has--this is what the user group is for.

Attachments

• IMG_7494.jpeg
    IMG_7494.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7493.jpeg
    IMG_7493.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7495.jpeg
    IMG_7495.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: PingSpike
Morgan , I am sorry to hear that your drone malfunctioned like mine and crashed. I had the chance to document the malfunction so with or without a flight log it was clear that my orange buddy had an issue which in my case was not specific to me :)

With the flight logs uploaded to your autel acc they should sort out things fast :) They were a little underhanded at the time of my warranty claim due to pandemic and all but they should be able to sort out your warranty claim much faster now :)

Can I ask how it sounded? Did it go silent in the air, as if it was a sudden and total power failure?

Or were the rotors still powered and spinning as it came down?

Nope mine got disconnected , did the rth but it never reconnected to my RC , got a vid of it in the first page.

Can I ask how it sounded? Did it go silent in the air, as if it was a sudden and total power failure?

Or were the rotors still powered and spinning as it came down?
In the case of my EVO II Pro, the drone was not very high, about 50 ft. The event was so surprising, I can't be sure what happened to it. However, I know it dropped straight down to the ground. No other movement. I would call it a total failure. Battery was fine and healthy. I think the props were dead prior to impact. The damage from the crash was mainly in the front. The drone hit the grass and broke the two motor legs but the front props did not appear to have gouged the grass or dirt. They were relatively clean for a craft that had--prior to the crash--taken off and landed in grass tall enough that the props were striking some of the taller blades of grass.

In the case of my EVO II Pro, the drone was not very high, about 50 ft. The event was so surprising, I can't be sure what happened to it. However, I know it dropped straight down to the ground. No other movement. I would call it a total failure. Battery was fine and healthy. I think the props were dead prior to impact. The damage from the crash was mainly in the front. The drone hit the grass and broke the two motor legs but the front props did not appear to have gouged the grass or dirt. They were relatively clean for a craft that had--prior to the crash--taken off and landed in grass tall enough that the props were striking some of the taller blades of grass.
As an update, Autel CS has been very helpful. Very personal, very engaged in my account of the crash and how to handle the return. I sent my crippled craft back for a warranty inspection. It should arrive tomorrow Oct 21. I'll keep you updated.

Reactions: Rubik3x

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials