Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

And it crashed .... And Autel responde to my warranty claim , seems like all is fine now :)

Barboza

Reaction score
Well guess if you try something too hard it comes crashing down on you . 45 mins ago I wanted to do another range test and flew my evo 2 , at around 520 meters it disconnected and well never reconnected again , it did the rth and returned home but hovered in front of our second floor window as you will see in the video will share the link in a second , I waited for it to reconnect but alas it decided not to amd slowly drifted to the house wall and I could not catch it in time and it crushlanded from 5-6 meters . One of the front landing arms one of the back landing arms and side of the gimbal is damaged , I will post the pics and video links below . This is a software failure and I have emailed support for warranty . I hope they reply asap . But I am really really sad atm I really loved using it till now ...

Attachments

• 20200515_204853.jpg
    20200515_204853.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200515_204917.jpg
    20200515_204917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20200515_204853.jpg
    20200515_204853.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 20200515_204917.jpg
    20200515_204917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
That really sucks!!
Seems to me more like a hardware failure than software. But hopefully they will do you good and help you out.

Sound almost like the swedish guy that got one of the first ones. His would not respond and just drifted off till it hit a building. I think Autel replaced his.

That really sucks!!
Seems to me more like a hardware failure than software. But hopefully they will do you good and help you out.
Thx it really sucked I decided to go upstairs to catch it and the wind started to move it back , before I could open the door well the propellers hit the wall but , at least I got it on camera to prove it , I have emailed support and waiting for a reply , will fwd em logs or they can remote connect to my pc and let em.get the logs from the drone themselves if need comes to that

Reactions: Tufargon
Sound almost like the swedish guy that got one of the first ones. His would not respond and just drifted off till it hit a building. I think Autel replaced his.

Well same thing here the remote could not connect to the drone after the loss of connection

It was pretty obvious what happened so I'm sure they'll figure something out for you. Still sucks though. :(

It was pretty obvious what happened so I'm sure they'll figure something out for you. Still sucks though. :(

Thx again , well I was planing to fly for the 4 days that Istanbul will be under quarantine but well **** happens . Btw can you fwd me that Sweedish guys video or topic etc , that would be wonderful .

So sorry..... Since I’m an accomplished crasher, the first thing I noticed is you’re flying very close to lots of metal. EV2 is right next to what looks like metal gutters, metal window bars, balcony railings.

No idea if that could be an issue.... My XSP has connectivity/compass issues near metal...

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I don't recall seeing it. Maybe Agustine can get that to you.

This is his youtube channel. He has several videos from when he crashed it and how Autel handled his EVO II replacement. You can go through them. Not sure if it will help but might make you feel better knowing there might be some help.

Reactions: Mel69Hash
So sorry..... Since I’m an accomplished crasher, the first thing I noticed is you’re flying very close to lots of metal. EV2 is right next to what looks like metal gutters, metal window bars, balcony railings.

No idea if that could be an issue.... My XSP has connectivity/compass issues near metal...

Thx buddy , that is where it returned by itself , had a home point but probably returned to me instead. I always wait a while till home point is accurate . It never gave a compass error etc unlike mavic 2 which is very sensitive but the main issue is that the remote and drone were never able to reconnect after the loss of signal :(

Wow. Sorry to hear that buddy. What pains me the more, is that it was the Pro model. Hope Autel does right by you and replaces it.

Wow. Sorry to hear that buddy. What pains me the more, is that it was the Pro model. Hope Autel does right by you and replaces it.

Thx Ansia .Well sent em an email with the video links and keepin my fingers crossed atm , as I said I can send em the logs which atm am not sure how to get or arrange a remote desktop session in which they can get em themselves from the drone or remote or both , dont know what they will ask for atm.

I find it interesting that in spite of the disconnect that the obstacle avoidance didn't keep it away from the house. Must be a more serious issue than just the disconnect.

Well I was gonna mention that too , probably the system modules stoped responding to one another or well who knows ....

Reactions: parkgt
Perhaps also, the environment saturated with WiFi waves which he did not like and which blocked the connections.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
BTW I have also sent autel support about the low signal range issue I was having with the drone but they have not responded to that well guess now they won't have to ? But I hope they respond to this quickly ...

Well everyone , it is good news :) Luke contacted me and they will be sending me a new one . Got together what they wanted just missing the proof of purchase atm since I got it from someone who brought it over with their luggage :D I will probably get the proof of purchase and will fwd it to them too . Or they might just let that slide :)

Good to hear. Had a feeling it would end up this way. At this point it's so new it can't be out of warranty. They let my proof slide when they replaced my battery because I couldn't find it.

Reactions: Barboza

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller