Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A bunch of random questions from a new owner

WildDoktor

Reaction score
Hey all; after several flights now with my new-to-me XSP, I have some random questions. Thoughts?

Settings Questions:
1. Gear icon, Gimbal Settings, Gimbal Mode: Fpv vs. stabilized. What's the difference? I'm not sure I can see a difference.
2. Fly, Waypoints: can I set the same altitude for all waypoints at once?
3. Gear icon, General Settings, Map: Use Amap...what's that?
4. Gear icon, Camera Settings: Subtitle .*** Files. What is that??
5. Gear icon, Video Link Settings: Noise (dBm) on left, numbers 1-4 across bottom. What is this, what's it telling me? One of the vertical lines is always red...and it's always the one that's highlighted at the bottom. If I tap a different number on the bottom, its vertical line becomes red and the others become green. ??
5. Gear icon, Aircraft Battery Settings: I have 4 batteries. One says "Battery Life 93%" (all cells are even); the rest say "100%". What's the difference, should I be concerned?

Starlink 2.0.2.22 App Questions:
6. Circle at top-center, with the XSP direction pointer. There are green, yellow, red, and "blank" arcs...what do they mean? What is this area telling me?
7. When I'm viewing what the camera is viewing (not when I'm in the map view), and I tap on the screen, what's the symbol that shows up? Seems to be a focus of some kind?

1. Gear icon, Gimbal Settings, Gimbal Mode: Fpv vs. stabilized. What's the difference? I'm not sure I can see a difference.
In FPV the camera follows the angles of the quad, so you will never have a level horizon.

2. Fly, Waypoints: can I set the same altitude for all waypoints at once?
Don't think so, there is a default height and you need to change each one if you want different from my understanding.

3. Gear icon, General Settings, Map: Use Amap...what's that?
Used in China, not useful in North America

4. Gear icon, Camera Settings: Subtitle .*** Files. What is that??
Captions basically.
It will create a file with point data that can be seen on some players. I use this player sometimes and it will show the information on the screen such as Lat. & Long.
Home · MPC-HC

5. Gear icon, Video Link Settings: Noise (dBm) on left, numbers 1-4 across bottom. What is this, what's it telling me? One of the vertical lines is always red...and it's always the one that's highlighted at the bottom. If I tap a different number on the bottom, its vertical line becomes red and the others become green. ??

This is how well you are receiving the video signal. If you problems with video disconnect try the lowest green line. It will take a second or to to reconnect. Don't panic :)

Starlink 2.0.2.22 App Questions:
6. Circle at top-center, with the XSP direction pointer. There are green, yellow, red, and "blank" arcs...what do they mean? What is this area telling me?

Telling you the direction your Quad is going, the position you are with the controller

7. When I'm viewing what the camera is viewing (not when I'm in the map view), and I tap on the screen, what's the symbol that shows up? Seems to be a focus of some kind?

That will adjust the white balance to that spot you just tapped.

The green, yellow, red arcs are another battery indicator (in addition to the ones on the controller and the status bar at the top of the tablet screen). The "blank" represents battery power already used. If you notice that indicator also has an attitude indicator (artificial horizon) represented by the light gray background inside the circle.

I get a little frustrated by the "click the map" waypoint setting method and yes, you have to set the height for each by clicking each point again and inputting the height. I find it easier/less frustrating (and safer) to fly the waypoint mission manually the first time anyway to be sure the aircraft is exactly where you want it to be at each point. (And exactly why do you have to switch to map view to save as a favorite? That makes no sense.)

Thanks for the replies!! That helps a lot!

The one that really sticks out to me at the moment is about the waypoints. I did find that I can set the altitude on one waypoint, then click "next" or "previous" (in blue, in the upper right/left corners of the dialog box) to get to an adjacent waypoint without having to exit the dialog box entirely and clicking the next waypoint, but I like your suggestion of flying the route and setting exact waypoints and altitudes and headings that way. Actually, I thought that was a really stupid feature until you said it that way, GA-XSP-Pilot; now it makes sense! After all, it's just a google map we're tapping on, right? Those tree branches may be bigger around now than they were when Google snapped its photo. Good call!

Not discounting the other answers of course! They're all super helpful!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller