Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4Hawks Raptor Range Extender Reviews And Questions

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Last month I asked to review the Master Airscrew Props and they sent me out two sets of props to test. They work very well. A lot quieter and give you a few more minutes flight time just by design. Overall lift is a lot faster also.

I had also emailed 4Hawks about the RAPTOR XR range extender designed for X-Star Premium so i can review it. This morning I got this email.

Hi Don,
The Raptor XR for Autel X Star is ready.
Please send me the shipping address.

So that is pretty cool. I like free things :)

Raptor XR

Last month I asked to review the Master Airscrew Props and they sent me out two sets of props to test. They work very well. A lot quieter and give you a few more minutes flight time just by design. Overall lift is a lot faster also.

I had also emailed 4Hawks about the RAPTOR XR range extender designed for X-Star Premium so i can review it. This morning I got this email.

Hi Don,
The Raptor XR for Autel X Star is ready.
Please send me the shipping address.

So that is pretty cool. I like free things :)

Raptor XR
Wonder if it comes in black or orange, [emoji23]. Lets know how it works, if you get it. Also it is good to see 3rd party accessories specifically for the X Star.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

You ought to be ashamed, you need to send me some of that stuff so I can bear your shame.:p
Looks like you gonna have to tear into your controller. So, you think the props are worth the money, I take it?

That's great to hear that they are making more third party accessories for Autel platform...helps build the brand. Keep us posted Agustine. I am going to look for those props...anything from Autel as far as supporting the drone if you use them? Warranty issues? Which size did they send you, the 9x4.5? They don't have an exact match for 9.4"x5.5 degree

Last edited:
If you where looking for new props I would say yes they are worth it. Several of us now run them all the time from the guys on facebook. They all seem to like them.

I just might buy a controller from someone that has lost their xstar just in case I mess up the install. I have experience in tearing into controllers so I kind of know what to expect though.

That's great to hear that they are making more third party accessories for Autel platform...helps build the brand. Keep us posted Agustine. I am going to look for those props...anything from Autel as far as supporting the drone if you use them? Warranty issues?

Although I believe that once we buy something it's ours do do with as we wish, the manufacturer has the right to deny a warranty if products not specifically designed for the product are used with it. Always keep that in mind when considering the use of "after market" accessories or parts. The flight logs provide an extremely good picture of system performance so if something is being used that would cause the logs to record performance parameters outside of what is typically seen in the logs there would be cause to ask a lot of questions of the owner that was making a warranty claim. If a parameter was well outside of the norm it might be reasonable to assume a non factory component was used, therefore voiding the warranty until the user could prove to the contrary.

I ordered a set of the props. Cant wait to hear about the Raptor XR review. They claim 4x distance...hmmmm.

Hi Agustine, thanks for the add ons, a quick question: how different to attach the props as opposed to Autel brand ?

Hoping the nuts comes with the order and Thanks Agustine

Yup everything comes with the order including adaptors if you have a new DJI P4 with self locking hubs. I just hand tighten mine on the same way I do the Autel props so I would not use a wrench on them.

So Autel hinted in their mail back to me that the OEM props were made so that they shatter on impact so that the energy is not transmitted to the drone.

"As for the props, I definitely recommend staying with the intended official props from us. Yes, the carbon props can definitely put an extra strain on the airframe. But one of the biggest issues is that if you were to tap anything or have a tip over, the props won't shatter. All of that energy is transferred to the aircraft instead and can cause a lot of damage."

Now that is some forward thinking right there. My next natural question is if a prop shatters mid air (bird, debris, etc) just how stable can the XSP be in order to land it or get it home to land semi safely? Has anyone had the misfortune of flying a quad and losing a motor or prop?

Reactions: brandonl.jones
Intrepid are you talking about the props Agustine in this thread ? because the one that Agustine talked here from Master Airscrew are composed of reinforced fiber glass and not carbon props as your message says. Totally different things but I want to find what the Autel oem props are made of.

If you lose a prop or ESC in the air on a quadcopter its game ove. They just spiral down to the ground and break into lots of pieces. If you lose just half a prop it will be a harry ride down but you can land it. Carbon fiber props are good if they are balanced. Most people don't own a balancer and just stick the props on and the vibration causes stress cracks.
I have run carbon fiber on my Yuneec quad for over two years now and love them.

Which Yuneec do you have Agustine? I looked at them at Bestbuy last visit and did some reading and they seem to be a real solid product. I hope the spiral of death didn't happen to you personally.

@Normex I can only assume simple hardened plastic with no internal reinforcement for the OEM in order for them to shatter.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials