Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4Hawks Raptor Range Extender Reviews And Questions

@Normex I can only assume simple hardened plastic with no internal reinforcement for the OEM in order for them to shatter.

Then to compare apple to apple with the Master Airscrews and Carbon composite props is next to impossible and would both affect the warranty?

The props are made from Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite and will shatter just like stock props.
Reinforced nylon (glass fiber) are mid stiffness,mid strength,holds up well but will break.
They are not made from carbon fiber which is much stronger and don't bend.

I have had a couple of my Yuneec quads come down due to ESC faillers. Not a nice site watching them drop from 200 feet up.

I have the Q500 4K but turned it into a home brew from the parts. :)

20170203_130803.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel!
The props are made from Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite and will shatter just like stock props. They are not made from carbon fiber which is much stronger and don't bend.

I have had a couple of my Yuneec quads come down due to ESC faillers. Not a nice site watching them drop from 200 feet up.

View attachment 998

Ok now I'm reassured and many thanks Agustine for the clarification, got email from MA that says they're shipped.

The props are made from Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite and will shatter just like stock props.
Reinforced nylon (glass fiber) are mid stiffness,mid strength,holds up well but will break.
They are not made from carbon fiber which is much stronger and don't bend.

View attachment 998
You mean you didn't try to run over there and catch it?:eek:

LOL
Ya it hurt for a while watching it fall.

The rebuilt is a zealheli carbon fiber and cnc metal frame. Takes a while to transfer everything over but it was a good winter project. I had actually won the frame in a video contest other wise I would never had bought the frame at 209 US dollars :)

yuneec-carbon-fiber-mod-q500-q500_typhoon-red_1024x1024.jpg

I had also emailed 4Hawks about the RAPTOR XR range extender designed for X-Star Premium so i can review it.
Raptor XR

Hi Agustine, I'm a sucker for innovation nevertheless I will await on your review of the Raptor but let's say once assembled, will the RC still fit in the case ?

Been waiting for that 4 Hawks antenna for the Pumpkin to hit the stores in USA. Haven't found one yet :( Will be looking forward to your review.

Last month I asked to review the Master Airscrew Props and they sent me out two sets of props to test. They work very well. A lot quieter and give you a few more minutes flight time just by design. Overall lift is a lot faster also.

I had also emailed 4Hawks about the RAPTOR XR range extender designed for X-Star Premium so i can review it. This morning I got this email.

Hi Don,
The Raptor XR for Autel X Star is ready.
Please send me the shipping address.

So that is pretty cool. I like free things :)

Raptor XR
Agustine, you say the new props are quieter. Do you mean the X-Star flies quieter, less buzzing? Thanks.

Scratching my head......received the Master Airscrew props ...is it put the prop on the motor then screw the rounded top nut ?
the black nut screws on the red shaft .........so just keep the props and the rounded nuts and throw the other 2 bags.
It is an ok setup but can lose a rounded nut and the kit is kaput.( krazy glue the nuts on the props?) As for the props finish, no rough edges or the like in other words excellent.

Guess I got the one BAD production run of those props...go figure. I got my balancer delivered yesterday and the props I got were not balanced...I haven't attempted to clean them up and see where they are at after removal of all the excess material...that's another days project.

Guess I got the one BAD production run of those props...go figure. I got my balancer delivered yesterday and the props I got were not balanced...I haven't attempted to clean them up and see where they are at after removal of all the excess material...that's another days project.
They are sending you some more, or some DJI props right?

They are sending the same DJI props that fit the Autel that I ordered (9.4x5) for Phantom 4...will update pics when they arrive.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN