Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star batteries

Well that does it for Autel, I have 2 premiums that I fly regularly with batteries minutes of flying times starting to diminish, when the batteries are done I'll have 2 nice shelf displays! I called Autel to tell them of their lack of support for a ship that thousands of people still have and need batteries to fly. Any and all reading this post needs to call Autel and voice concern due to the lack of batteries for our x-star's. I will never buy an Autel Drone again!! Period!! When my batteries die, I will be heading to DJI who still makes batteries for their products or at least even aftermarket products. I supported Autel when they needed us most, only to get s_ _ t on! Shame on Autel!!

Yup when the EVO I came out they were all over the internet saying the will continue to support the X-Star but I guess it was just another lie from them. Sorry to say I am also done with them. Here in Canada the EVO II is well over 3 grand. No fricken way I will invest in a company that cannot even supply batteries. A little research said that the batteries cost about 12 bucks to get to the States. Even selling them at their last discount of 99 US bucks thats a big profit. Someone who is the head of sales at Autel needs a good talking to. Selling parts for old cars is a big time money maker. Thats why there are scrap yards all over the place. Bunch of dumbasses at Autel if you ask me.

Reactions: dman and Tufargon
I agree. I'm not even putting up a fight anymore. I just sold mine and I'm not looking back.

I have a 1979 Monaco motorhome that is very clean, I was looking for a new thermocouple for the water heater, typed in the model # and the part is still being made, 4 days in the mail and got it installed. They were selling new Autel premiums on websites up until 6 months ago, now you can't buy batteries, pure B.S.!! Everyone call Autel and piss in their ear, I don't think that companies going to last much longer anyway, not to many consumers are going to shell out thousands for a flying platform let alone the cost of evo 2 batteries, I sure as hell won't!!!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yup a lot of new members came here to get away from DJI nanny software. In the next year or so when RID comes into effect everyone will be in the same boat. They bought into a company that cannot give a decent App, decent flight plan for mapping and their Thermo Autel Evo 2 Dual finished last.

@jaja6009 a member of the dronepilots forums was instructed to rate the Thermos of various UAV platforms. This is what he came up with.

"At work for a public safety organization I had to produce a presentation to determine the next drone we purchase. This was tailored for public safety and if I was to purchase a drone from the list of drones covered, it would of been much different.

Drones covered were FLIR SkyRanger, Matrice 300, Anafi USA, X2 and Evo 2 Dual.

FLIR Skyranger won but should of with its astronomical cost. X2 finished second even though I could not give scores for several important categories. X2 will finish first when these are released as it only lost by 2 points.

Anafi USA scored second to last and Autel Evo 2 Dual finished last."

He did have more comments but these tell most of the story.

Email from Autel.

Thank you for reaching out to us via social media on our Owner's Group. I want to start off by acknowledging your frustration as an X Star owner who is no longer able to purchase batteries. The X Star Premium is still a great platform that plenty of users enjoy every day or on a frequent basis. I understand that you are one of those users.

We as a company decided to announce the end of the life span on the X Star series back in late 2017, with production and sales ending in early 2018. At that time we did determine that we would continue to support the model with some accessories (such as batteries) as well as repair/technical support. We intended that to continue for the foreseeable future.

As of late July of this year, we have made the decision to no longer manufacture or sell X Star Premium batteries. This decision did not come lightly as we understand how important this model is for our original customer base, some of which have been with us since the earliest days of our existence. Ultimately, we felt that our resources could better be allocated to continue to develop and support the new Evo II line and look ahead to the future of what we can offer as a company.

Now, there is an option available to you since you are no longer able to purchase X Star batteries. I can offer you a 10% discount off of an Evo II 8K or an Evo II Pro. This is contingent on us receiving back the X Star with a gimbal and RC. We would love to go ahead get you up in the air with a new platform and keep you in the Autel Robotics family for your continued support throughout the years.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in. Either way I wish you a great Monday evening!

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service Supervisor
www.autelrobotics.com

• Angry
Reactions: Tufargon
Email from Autel.

Thank you for reaching out to us via social media on our Owner's Group. I want to start off by acknowledging your frustration as an X Star owner who is no longer able to purchase batteries. The X Star Premium is still a great platform that plenty of users enjoy every day or on a frequent basis. I understand that you are one of those users.

We as a company decided to announce the end of the life span on the X Star series back in late 2017, with production and sales ending in early 2018. At that time we did determine that we would continue to support the model with some accessories (such as batteries) as well as repair/technical support. We intended that to continue for the foreseeable future.

As of late July of this year, we have made the decision to no longer manufacture or sell X Star Premium batteries. This decision did not come lightly as we understand how important this model is for our original customer base, some of which have been with us since the earliest days of our existence. Ultimately, we felt that our resources could better be allocated to continue to develop and support the new Evo II line and look ahead to the future of what we can offer as a company.

Now, there is an option available to you since you are no longer able to purchase X Star batteries. I can offer you a 10% discount off of an Evo II 8K or an Evo II Pro. This is contingent on us receiving back the X Star with a gimbal and RC. We would love to go ahead get you up in the air with a new platform and keep you in the Autel Robotics family for your continued support throughout the years.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in. Either way I wish you a great Monday evening!

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service Supervisor
www.autelrobotics.com
Wow, they are giving you $170 for your X-Star. What a steal! ??

Even if I could keep my XSP AND they gave me $170 I still wouldn't even come close to buying another Autel after what they did to us and now the EVO 1 owners. So what would they do with my XSP? Sell it as a refurb for $499-$599 or part it out in repair money? Lots of incentive there. NOT

Well at least i just got three new XSP batteries a few weeks ago from them. Guess these will be the end of the road for Autel and me.

Reactions: Tufargon
I just launched my xsp a few minutes ago and found that after a few minutes in the sky, the video stops recording and the buttons for the camera/video turn grey and are unusable. I went to the Google play to see about reinstalling the starlink app. As a SHOCKING surprise, i found that the app is no longer available..

I just launched my xsp a few minutes ago and found that after a few minutes in the sky, the video stops recording and the buttons for the camera/video turn grey and are unusable. I went to the Google play to see about reinstalling the starlink app. As a SHOCKING surprise, i found that the app is no longer available..

Its been missing for a long time now. you need to visit the Autel site and download the APK file to reinstall it.

Thanks, i guess ill try that. Ive had it up about three times now and have not been able to keep the video working. I just launched my P4 standard in the same spot with the same sd card and it flew like a little prince and never missed a beat.

Im suspecting that that last firmware update fried these little drones. Such a shame. I actually purchased a new shell for mine in the spring and now im wondering if its worth installing.

Thanks, i guess ill try that. Ive had it up about three times now and have not been able to keep the video working. I just launched my P4 standard in the same spot with the same sd card and it flew like a little prince and never missed a beat.

Im suspecting that that last firmware update fried these little drones. Such a shame. I actually purchased a new shell for mine in the spring and now im wondering if its worth installing.
Install and sell it?

Reactions: xspwhite

That sounds more like you have to clean the contacts on the gimbal. The firmware is rock solid.
I have mine listed on craigslist and if it doesn't sell after the weekend I'm going to part it out.

The problem your facing is nothing new to our old X-Stars. Contact cleaner works, rubbing alcohol also works for cleaning the contacts on the camera and UAV. Also I suggest getting a good ink eraser and rubbing the contacts down. This will take off any tarnish that has come to rest on your old and aging X-Star camera contacts. Unfortunately this was a flaw with this set up. I know it can be a pain but once you get it cleaned it will last a few months. Last time I did mine it has lasted almost 4 months now.

Thanks guys, i will try cleaning the contacts. I might sell it, but i dont feel like shipping it across the country. Another option might be taping a brick of fire crackers to it and sending it up for one last voyage. If it didn't take up so much space, i would use it for a crash dummy. Lol.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials