Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

X-Star batteries

Canadianxstar

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on my batteries. They have recently dropped instantaneously from 50% to critical low and forced landed bird. Not just one particular battery but a few of them.
Note when I look at the Starlink app battery screen, it shows battery life at 70% (bottom left of screen). This number is not charge status rather based on something else? Perhaps how many times battery was used or cycled or even age. Regardless, my batteries are all showing about 25 recharges. That does not seem like enough to affect cell life. These batteries are 3 yrs old.
Would me performing full flight times and recharging help ?

Tufargon

Reaction score
This is common when you don't charge/top them up within lets say 24 hours before flight even if they show as full. That's how sudden drops usually happen. It's happened to me with 2 batteries that I charged 48 or so hours before. Autel asked for info and replaced one of them but this sounds like you didn't charge/top them off recently before the flight.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Tufargon

Reaction score
Also, do a search of the forum for "sudden battery drop" and you'll find out a lot about it.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on my batteries. They have recently dropped instantaneously from 50% to critical low and forced landed bird. Not just one particular battery but a few of them.
Note when I look at the Starlink app battery screen, it shows battery life at 70% (bottom left of screen). This number is not charge status rather based on something else? Perhaps how many times battery was used or cycled or even age. Regardless, my batteries are all showing about 25 recharges. That does not seem like enough to affect cell life. These batteries are 3 yrs old.
Would me performing full flight times and recharging help ?
This is common when you don't charge/top them up within lets say 24 hours before flight even if they show as full. That's how sudden drops usually happen. It's happened to me with 2 batteries that I charged 48 or so hours before. Autel asked for info and replaced one of them but this sounds like you didn't charge/top them off recently before the flight.
This has happened to me many times, and from my experience Tufargon is exactly right. Top batteries off before flying within 24hrs. If you don’t — sometimes everything is fine, sometimes it suddenly, w/o warning, lands immediately, no matter where it is.....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisO