Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What's the furthest distance you have flown away from the controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowland

Reaction score
I usually keep my drone fairly close by, but last weekend I wanted to test myself. I flew over a pond called "Long pond" and got my drone out just shy of a mile. It was both exciting and nerve wracking. What's the furthest you have flown?

Further than I will admit to. I flew over uninhabited wooded terrain, the only risk was never being able to find my E2 if it went down.

I was able to get my XStar Premium out to 2.6-miles last year. I was at a high point in the hills somewhere in the Northeast. Nothing around for miles except forest and streams. I flew out over the forest and a valley, and across a river. At the 2.6-mile reading I turned it around and hit the return home even though I still had a pretty strong link and video feed. The XSP returned and landed perfectly with some battery to spare. Before this my longest was 1.7-miles flying straight up a river at 300 to 380 feet altitude.

Reactions: Marcle
best to go early mornings no wind.. i've hit 2 miles...

Quarter mile is it for me, farthest reach on the farm and keep it in sight. Guess my evo 1 would probably go much farther and stay connected but why would I ? I only want to see what is going on at each of the property see who is catching all the fish in the ponds, lord knows I can't catch any.
;)

Reactions: waltermitty
Quarter mile is it for me, farthest reach on the farm and keep it in sight. Guess my evo 1 would probably go much farther and stay connected but why would I ? I only want to see what is going on at each of the property see who is catching all the fish in the ponds, lord knows I can't catch any.
;)

Reactions: butch
Sounds like me. Last time I went fishing, all I caught was a sunburn....o_O

My total fish experience to date is Lake Erie Walleye that someone else (my good friend Tom) caught and grilled for us.

That and McDonalds 'square fish'. Never have figured out how they make them square...

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
Without admitting going out of VLOS - "Hypothetically" just over 4 miles or 8 miles round trip, as the EVO1 documentation states is its transmission range. One might "hypothetically" have tested those claims over open water and deserted land mass at low altitude in the Atlantic ocean (posing no danger to man or machine) and found the max range is limited by the battery, not by signal - "hypothetically" speaking of course. I'm sure it will go further than anyone really has need to go or test. Even with most interference (wifi, treeline, etc) signal should be plenty strong if within VLOS range. Outside of that you would need low interference free of obstacles between remote and drone I would think...

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
i think if you run a waypoint mision A-B the battery should allow travel up to 35,000ft away maybe 40,000-50,000 feet if you change setting on the battery cut off and destroy the battery.

long range flights should be done in early morning with zero winds

For being called Long Pond, it wasn't that long. For me 1,800'. Can't see my bird after that and I get anxious.

Same here. That's about as far as I've flown mine as well... within LoS.

I've never understood the fascination people get with flying their drones 5/10/20k ft away. What's the point of that? Can't feel sorry for them when something happens either.

Reactions: Ansia
I've reached 2.5 miles over a river with no loss of connectivity using my EVO1. Only problem was the battery life in getting back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo