Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What's the furthest distance you have flown away from the controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
atleast double the size of the stock, like a hump back pack

Last Christmas I visited my brothers farm west of Brisbane. We did a test for range and as we hit 4.5km the auto return to home kicked in. We were flying at nearly 70km/h on the way out and returned with 17% battery. Maybe if we had normal flight mode selected we could have reached a little further.

4.5km though was way far enough for what I was thinking. It would have only taken for wind to have picked up and maybe the return trip would not have been as smooth. Video remained strong the entire flight.

Perfectly clear night had it 5300 ft out turned the old girl back for home then was furthest I had her away, normally I start gettin signals around 3000ft away however all the combinations must of been perfect this night!! Good replies as well autel fam!

Sounds like me. Last time I went fishing, all I caught was a sunburn....o_O

My total fish experience to date is Lake Erie Walleye that someone else (my good friend Tom) caught and grilled for us.

That and McDonalds 'square fish'. Never have figured out how they make them square...
Same way as they make bologna round. They liquify it then pour into a mold. :cool:

Reactions: Flip
Long range flying distance is a good thing to know, just in case. We all should know the limits of our hardware...range, altitude, signal strength etc.
Just because the specs say something, doesn't mean they are accurate from the manufacturer.
I boost all my birds RC's with amps, not that I fly distance, but I want to ensure that I have a strong signal and error free flight...as much as this is possible to be in control of.
I leave it to others to tell me what they can do, and with a boosted signal, normally the battery is the limiting factor.

Rule #16 states
16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.
This is a community we should all be fostering and encouraging unity and safety. Since flying BVLOS is illegal unless you have a waver I suggest keeping your UAV where you can see it and also know which direction it is facing in case you need to avoid a manned aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials