Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

From what capacity the drone will land automatically

Jockel2000

Reaction score
Today I had a negative event:
I flew with the drone. When the battery ran out, the drone came flying back but still had about 18% percent capacity.
I was so stupid and started again because I wanted to drain the battery. I flew close to me though.
At 10%, I thought it was time to head back.
When the drone flew just over a cornfield and had only 8% battery, the announcement came: Critical battery condition, drone must land and it landed in the middle of the cornfield.

After a long search with GPS I found it again.
I learned something today :-(

My question: is it hardcoded in the app that the drone must land automatically at 8%, or can this value be determined by yourself ?
I have seen in all settings nothing of 8%

Thanks
Jockel

not hardcoded but for your battery, just go back out again and try it for yourself and obtain your number for your battery. except this time make sure "I flew close to me though" is actually the truth. nothing wrong with taking off and then hovering in place for the next several minutes to see what kind of control you have over the drone at the various stages until everything is forced. it's kinda like if you want to see how long your car can drive when the needle is on E, you don't go to the supermarket but just pull in and out of the driveway. lol

Y
IMHO you should never run a Lipo battery that low!
I RTH & land at 20% or more.
Yep agreed , with Lipo batteries will become less reliable when voltage is at >20% as at that level (capacity) the voltage needed to keep flying can drop and causes a stabilities problems and worst lead to crash, as an example; scenarios like a gusts winds in a hot or very cold day, where battery chemistry comes to the equation. And the FC reacts to this low volt and just lose it , hence Murphy law right place wrong time.

1. It's in the settings, you can change it, go into settings, safety, battery information. You can bring it down to 15%. The 8% is hard coded.
2. About critical battery, you can still fly. Press forward and up and you can continue flying as usual. I landed once at 3%, having kept it flying 500 meters from the 8%.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays