Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What larger phones / small tablets is everyone using with their Evo?

I have a Pixel 2 XL, an iPad Mini 4, an iPad 2018 and a Nexus 9 tablet. They all work beautifully with great resolution and no lag. The Explorer app is superior to the DJI Go 4 in that it works flawlessly with just about any device.

Well, it turns out that even with a large hood, the ASUS Zenpad was not bright enough for me. I then selected the CrystalSky monitor which is very visable in the bright sun but, alas, I cannot access maps on it!!!

After talking to Alexandro (the guy on the Autel tutorial videos), we found that my phone is charging when plugged into the controller's mini USB and USB ports

my galaxy S10 also charges from the controller.. do you know if there's a way to stop that behavior?

Only way I know would be to unplug it. It's just made to do that like any other phone or tablet hooked up to any usb port on a pc or laptop etc...

In reality, the power you are getting from the controller, it's not enough to chatge your phone. You would have to turn it off to get any battery increase.

i'm just concerned of the battery drain the phone causes to the controller.. or is that pretty insignificant?

Getting tired of squinting to see details on my phone's screen while flying, even though it's a larger phone than most. I just can't see enough detail. Also tired of the limitations of the Exlporer App for iOS so I dug out my Toshiba Thrive Android tablet. Went on the Google Play store to download the Explorer App for Andriod and couldn't find it. It wouldn't show up on the entire site. Tried again another day and suddenly there it was so I tried to download it. In the process I got the error message saying my device was not compatible with the App. WHY? I can download and run all kinds of other apps with great success but not Explorer. What are the actual requirements?
check the OS version. your tablet might be version 2 and then check the app it might require versio 3. ;) goood luck

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials