Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

WELL>>>>>>>>>End of Second Quarter is NEAR!

JSTorsrud

Reaction score
Well, there is 30 days left in the Second Quarter and I check the AUTEL Website Everyday! But, since AUTEL has left us all HIGH AND DRY so far concerning the EVO, I am trying to figure out or GUESS what LIE they will come up with Next!

My GUESS: The EVO WILL NOT Appear at the End of June, but will be extended yet another Quarter or Maybe even the End of the Year!

Now, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong! But, with Autels Track Record, I'm not holding my breath!

WE WILL SEE!

As a Note: I am hoping that the EVO will come out, but if NOT, My Money is ready to purchase a New Phantom 4 Pro version 2.0!

Watch for the app (Explorer?) to appear. That will be a pretty certain sign the EVO is soon to follow. I think it will come out during the second quarter but, who knows? If it doesn't, Autel has managed to string us along again and we probably won't see it until late this year or early next. Only Autel knows and they ain't tellin'.

Last edited:
Watch for the app (Explorer?) to appear. That will be a pretty certain sigh the EVO is soon to follow. I think it will come out during the second quarter but, who knows? If it doesn't, Autel has managed to string us along again and we probably won't see it until late this year or early next. Only Autel knows and they ain't tellin'.

Yes, I know, like everyone else Autel has been stringing us all along. I still enjoy my Pumpkin, but also know if the EVO ever comes to market and becomes popular, the support for the PUMPKIN or X-STAR will disappear and we will be stuck with Orange or White Pieces of Plastic.

I am trying to WEEN myself off of DJI, but unfortunately I think AUTEL is playing games and trying to see what DJI will be coming out with next. Will there be a PHANTOM 5? That all depends on DJI's bottom line. They keep improving the Phantom 4, which are backward compatible with the other Phantom 4's! So, I don't know!

I do know if they don't bring the EVO to market, AUTEL will be finished!

One rumor going around is that DJI is waiting for the EVO release so they can drop their next latest and greatest on us, hopefully to defeat the EVO. I do like that DJI has kept the Phantom-style drones going next to all the newer Mavic-style products. I was sorry to see Autel discontinue the X-Stars all together for the EVO as the only offering. If they do not come through with it, I agree that Autel just may be done in the drone market.

One rumor going around is that DJI is waiting for the EVO release so they can drop their next latest and greatest on us, hopefully to defeat the EVO. I do like that DJI has kept the Phantom-style drones going next to all the newer Mavic-style products. I was sorry to see Autel discontinue the X-Stars all together for the EVO as the only offering. If they do not come through with it, I agree that Autel just may be done in the drone market.
It won't take much for DJI to OUT DO the EVO. But they have to make sure it is in the Consumer Arena and Not another Professional Drone. Like I stated I'm trying to WEEN myself off DJI, but it is Damned Hard.

Over on Autels official facebook page there is a conversation that the VP of Application Development Ken Argo is no longer with the company as of April. Seems he has either moved on or was let go. No idea but this could be part of the delay as he ran the team who developed firmware and software for the EVO.

Funny part is before working for Autel he worked for DJI doing pretty much the same thing :)

Well that did not take long LOL
Autel whipped out all the posts about Ken's disappearence on their facebook page :)
Now watch all the conspiracy theories start lol2.gif

They would have been better off addressing it instead of fueling the fire so to speak.

Funny part is before working for Autel he worked for DJI doing pretty much the same thing :)

Now that's darn interesting! Maybe why the X-Star is so much like the P3, and EVO similar to Mavic? Similarities but, also different. Aside from that, I do think Autel's build quality is better. My XSP's look and feel more durable than the P3.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Over on Autels official facebook page there is a conversation that the VP of Application Development Ken Argo is no longer with the company as of April. Seems he has either moved on or was let go. No idea but this could be part of the delay as he ran the team who developed firmware and software for the EVO.

So, with that, either the EVO will come out around the End of June or it will be delayed or SCRAPPED completely.

There are allot of people who apparently jump from 1 company to another. I know DJI loses allot of people, whether they move on or get fired.

I'm not on Facebook, so I don't follow Autel or anyone else for that matter.

If the EVO gets Scrapped, there will be allot of Angry Autel Customers out there!

Now that's darn interesting! Maybe why the X-Star is so much like the P3, and EVO similar to Mavic? Similarities but, also different. Aside from that, I do think Autel's build quality is better. My XSP's look and feel more durable than the P3.
Totally agree with you on the quality of the AUTEL X-Stars. Much more BEEFY than my Phantoms.

I don't think it will get scrapped but I do think it is a bigger undertaking then they thought. Its almost like the kickstarter projects you see. Most fail at understanding their supply chain and delivery logistics. Others don't have their technology straightened out. All are people like you and me trying to bring a new idea to the market place.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I don't think it will get scrapped but I do think it is a bigger undertaking then they thought. Its almost like the kickstarter projects you see. Most fail at understanding their supply chain and delivery logistics. Others don't have their technology straightened out. All are people like you and me trying to bring a new idea to the market place.
Well said. Autel is the young punk fighting for a sliver of the action. Big, bad DJI is the bully waiting to squash them if they can. To compete or surpass DJI, the technological challenges are enormous...

I'm still waiting for my removable camera options... oh wait.

angry-child-boy.jpg

Life is tough when your toy company won't come out with new toys fast enough. I admit they do seem a bit wishy washy.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Guys relax something is about to happen next week stay tuned!!! I have a very good reliable source and autel said "They have something coming up next week. Mentioned to me to be patient " it's going down guys!!

Guys relax something is about to happen next week stay tuned!!! I have a very good reliable source and autel said "They have something coming up next week. Mentioned to me to be patient " it's going down guys!!

"The check is in the mail"? Let's hope.

Today, from Bill the Drove Reviewer Youtube channel: "Whispers in the Dark"
1) Next week something is happening.
2) There are about 10,000 pre-orders in for the EVO.
Again... these are whispers in the dark, but it sure would be nice if both are true! If indeed, there are 10,000 pre-orders, then I certainly can see why Autel is not rushing.
So the gamut now runs from Autel will never release the EVO to already 10,000 pre-orders.
Time will tell...

Someone told me Tuesday, will will see.
Autels social media pages have been real quit lately, the ones they tell you to follow to get info from. Posts are getting deleted and even dealers are getting to wonder whats going on except for that one guy who did all those resent videos (droneworks) seems to be pushing the EVO pretty hard for pre-orders.

The month of June will be a good sign if this is going forward. Would love to have something else to talk about besides the weather :)

except for that one guy who did all those resent videos (droneworks) seems to be pushing the EVO pretty hard for pre-orders

He also said something about not selling your X-Stars if you own them. Not that it means anything about the EVO release but, I wouldn't sell to finance the EVO. We just don't have a definite EVO release date yet.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't "pre-order" anything, whether it's drones or cars or computers. I look at it all as vapor-ware until it shows up in lots, stores, online, or on the shelves. That's just me though.:cool:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo