Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint Planning Question

If I do that way, then I am allowed to change height and speed for each waypoint.
As I said before, I KNOW that. I am well aware that I can change the height and speed of each point in the waypoint tab. What I'm questioning is why they all revert to the default when I scroll through them while on the waypoint tab after creating them on the Route tab. I still think if you do the steps exactly as I said above, you would notice the same thing I did.

Joke all you want, but maybe I just don't think the same way the Autel guys do when it comes to UI design...or maybe the Autel guys don't think like the rest of the world. It seems to me that if I create a route with a bunch of points, they shouldn't automatically revert to their default settings just because I view them on the waypoint tab. This is pretty basic....

LP

As I said before, I KNOW that. I am well aware that I can change the height and speed of each point in the waypoint tab. What I'm questioning is why they all revert to the default when I scroll through them while on the waypoint tab after creating them on the Route tab. I still think if you do the steps exactly as I said above, you would notice the same thing I did.

Joke all you want, but maybe I just don't think the same way the Autel guys do when it comes to UI design...or maybe the Autel guys don't think like the rest of the world. It seems to me that if I create a route with a bunch of points, they shouldn't automatically revert to their default settings just because I view them on the waypoint tab. This is pretty basic....

LP
I ment no offense LP. I am following your directions to the T and I still don't get the same results as you do. I really don't know what to say.

No problem. Here's video I just made showing the behavior...

...Apparently only my problem again...

LP
Now I see what you ment. It is the same for me. When you do a route waypoint mission, it will do it at your set altitude and speed in waypoint 1.

When you do a waypoint waypoint mission (if that makes sense) other waypoints turn back to the default 60m (or 197 ft) so you can adjust your height and speed. If you were to execute a waypoint mission and want all points to be set at your 1,200' then make sure it's in the route tab when you hit fly

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Yep...after all this, I'm thinking that's how it is. It just doesn't really seem logical to me ftom a design perspective.

Thanks,
LP

Let me interject an observation here because there may be a lot of readers who are as confused as I was initially in this discussion.

Ansia - Are you running the BETA firmware that is not released to the public yet? The reason I ask is that in the current firmware, in MISSION PLANNING from the app home page (not Camera mode selection) there is only one option for Mission Planning and that is drawing a rectangle on your screen to define a "search pattern" type set of waypoints. The other day you displayed the Beta "What's New" announcement which listed two new Mission Planning options: those being Polygon Route and Waypoint Flight.

As far as the Waypoint option in Intelligent Flight mode I also wonder if the developers have tweaked something in that routine also in the Beta.

So, are you both on the same page with the same firmware release? Because those of us running the public version don't have the additional options in Mission Planning at this time.

The Beta period ended. You should get an update with the official app with the new mission options, but yes, at the time I wrote that I was in beta.

The Beta period ended. You should get an update with the official app with the new mission options, but yes, at the time I wrote that I was in beta.

The current public version is 1.0.1.33 for android. That version only offers Rectangular waypoint mode in Mission Planning and is the latest official release.

The version 1.0.1.42 is still in Beta and is the version you are apparently running. That software is what offers the Polygon Route and Waypoint Flight options in Mission Planning from the home screen.

The screen grab below is fresh off the Autel Downloads webpage.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 11.16.46 AM.png

The FW 1.0.1.33 current version Mission page.

Screenshot_Autel Explorer.jpg

So I'm guessing this is clear already, but this discussion has nothing to do with the firmware. It's about the app only - and based on the screenshot, Ansia and I were on the same version.

LP

You are correct on the Android version. That was my mistake. I run the Explorer app in both iOS and Android. It all depends on where I am flying and how is the weather.

As for iOS:
1567455326190.png

Reactions: Trox
You are correct on the Android version. That was my mistake. I run the Explorer app in both iOS and Android. It all depends on where I am flying and how is the weather.

In your current android versions of Camera Intelligent Flight WAYPOINT mode, are your waypoints restricted to a minimum of 33 feet (10 meters)? That is as low as I can set my waypoint elevation above takeoff ground zero.

As far as setting waypoints in Intelligent Flight Waypoint mode, every waypoint I set on the map defaults to exactly what I have set for my initial starting WP altitude. Then clicking on each of them allows me to edit speed and altitude if I want to change them.
So to the OP if Mission Planning isn't providing the results of a user set altitude for subsequent WPs based on the first WP I'd suggest just using the Camera Waypoint mode which seems to be just what you want to do and is basically the same thing. I suspect that since these two are redundant that the programmers may eventually drop one of them since its not needed.

I have a question about the MISSION Waypoint Flight mode screen I see in your screen grabs. There is now Lat/Lon coordinates showing in the bottom right. Are those two number boxes interactive where you can manually change the coordinate value for a given waypoint? I'm going to be creating flight plans using Google Earth and hope I can transcribe the coords of my selected camera locations into Explorer in those windows instead of finding the spot on Google map that is displayed in Explorer. Thanks.

In your current android versions of Camera Intelligent Flight WAYPOINT mode, are your waypoints restricted to a minimum of 33 feet (10 meters)? That is as low as I can set my waypoint elevation above takeoff ground zero.

As far as setting waypoints in Intelligent Flight Waypoint mode, every waypoint I set on the map defaults to exactly what I have set for my initial starting WP altitude. Then clicking on each of them allows me to edit speed and altitude if I want to change them.
So to the OP if Mission Planning isn't providing the results of a user set altitude for subsequent WPs based on the first WP I'd suggest just using the Camera Waypoint mode which seems to be just what you want to do and is basically the same thing. I suspect that since these two are redundant that the programmers may eventually drop one of them since its not needed.

I have a question about the MISSION Waypoint Flight mode screen I see in your screen grabs. There is now Lat/Lon coordinates showing in the bottom right. Are those two number boxes interactive where you can manually change the coordinate value for a given waypoint? I'm going to be creating flight plans using Google Earth and hope I can transcribe the coords of my selected camera locations into Explorer in those windows instead of finding the spot on Google map that is displayed in Explorer. Thanks.
The Camera waypoint limits your flight to 10 meters. The Mission waypoint limits your flight to 60 meters. The Mission waypoint is a more complex system than the camera waypoint so I don't think they will be eliminating the simpler one any time soon.

OP's complaint lies elsewhere. He can achieve his desired heights and speeds. He just doesn't like the process getting there. It's his own personal preference.

As for your last part. Yes, the Lat and Lon can br interacted with.

The Camera waypoint limits your flight to 10 meters. The Mission waypoint limits your flight to 60 meters. The Mission waypoint is a more complex system than the camera waypoint so I don't think they will be eliminating the simpler one any time soon.

OP's complaint lies elsewhere. He can achieve his desired heights and speeds. He just doesn't like the process getting there. It's his own personal preference.

As for your last part. Yes, the Lat and Lon can br interacted with.

My issue was really with the fact that in mission mode, after creating a route and then switching to the waypoints tab, each waypoint didn't automatically load the height and speed you set on the route tab, that's all.

BTW, I can't find any waypoint functionality in the camera mode. Where is it? Or did they remove it already in the latest beta?
LP

My issue was really with the fact that in mission mode, after creating a route and then switching to the waypoints tab, each waypoint didn't automatically load the height and speed you set on the route tab, that's all.

BTW, I can't find any waypoint functionality in the camera mode. Where is it? Or did they remove it already in the latest beta?
LP
In the original waypoints, you can set the camera to do a timelapse or you ca manually take photos and/or videos. The advantage here is you can set your drone to have free roam to look anywhere you want while it goes through waypoints. You can get awesome footage this way. You can set it to look straight to the next waypoint and/or you can set it to change between waypoints.

On the mission waypoints it's a little bit more automated, where you can only take timelapses or manual photos/videos in a predetermined path.

In the original waypoints, you can set the camera to do a timelapse or you ca manually take photos and/or videos. The advantage here is you can set your drone to have free roam to look anywhere you want while it goes through waypoints. You can get awesome footage this way. You can set it to look straight to the next waypoint and/or you can set it to change between waypoints.

On the mission waypoints it's a little bit more automated, where you can only take timelapses or manual photos/videos in a predetermined path.

That sounds more like DJI drones work with Litchi and Drone Harmony. Where is the original waypoints option in camera view? I haven't been able to figure out how to get to it....

LP

That sounds more like DJI drones work with Litchi and Drone Harmony. Where is the original waypoints option in camera view? I haven't been able to figure out how to get to it....

LP
Open the Explorer app without connecting the drone.
When inside the normal camera view of the app, hit the top where it says disconnected. The waypoint option should appear with other flight features the Evo has.

Open the Explorer app without connecting the drone.
When inside the normal camera view of the app, hit the top where it says disconnected. The waypoint option should appear with other flight features the Evo has.

Ah! Thanks! Never actually looked at that menu. LOL
LP

Reactions: Ansia
anybody knows if waypoints has a feature similar to dji, that if the quad loses connection will continue flying the mission? im asking this because i need to film a big land full of trees and im 100% sure i will lose connection!

thanks in advance

anybody knows if waypoints has a feature similar to dji, that if the quad loses connection will continue flying the mission? im asking this because i need to film a big land full of trees and im 100% sure i will lose connection!

thanks in advance

From the comments in this post no it will not finish. It will just RTH.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller