Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint Planning Question

LeafPeeper

Reaction score
So I'm about to start playing with mission mode on my Evo, and I'm confused about something. I didn't find anyone else asking about it, so it may be just me. In the waypoint planning screen, there are two tabs - route and waypoint. I know that while on the route tab, I can just tap spots on the screen to create waypoints. However, after I'm done, if I click the waypoints tab, only the first waypoint is set to the route height and speed. All the other waypoints are set to the default 197ft and 11mph. Do I really need to go and readjust every waypoint separately? If so, I could see this causing problems for people that forget to do this. .....or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
LP

Set your first waypoint with whatever height and speed you want and hit ok. Then start adding points and they should be set the same as the first waypoint.

There is no ok button on either tab. I'm using the android version btw. Maybe iOS is different?

LP

Hmmm, I'm on Android too, I included a screenshot of where the ok button is on mine. Maybe a reboot of your device and the app? GPS is on I assume?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-093416.png
    Screenshot_20190901-093416.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 41
Different app versions maybe?

LP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-121335_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-121335_Autel Explorer.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20190901-121324_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-121324_Autel Explorer.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
I see now, instead of selecting Mission at the beginning of the App I select Camera and use the Waypoint option from the Intelligent Flight mode. This was before they added the more advanced waypoint mode, sorry about that, I thought that was what you were referring to. You are right, I think I am on a different App version, I'm on 1.0.1.33.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-112433.png
    Screenshot_20190901-112433.png
    472.4 KB · Views: 3
I am allowed to set each waypoint height and speed individually. Wonder why it's different for you.
Screenshot_20190901-133012_Autel Explorer.jpg

It looks different, but I can achieve the same with Mission Planner.
Screenshot_20190901-133259_Autel Explorer.jpg

It's not different for me Ansia - I get what you have above. I didn't know you could do waypoint planning from the camera view. I was specifically asking about Mission Planner - and your mission planner screenshot looks the same as mine. If you start planning a mission on the Route tab, you can set a height and speed - and you can start adding points. Then if you switch tot he Waypoint tab, you can edit each waypoint - but it seems that only the first one retains the height and speed set on the Route tab. That's the part I'm asking about.

LP

I can set individual heights and speeds. Make sure you are in the waypoint tab and not in route tab.
Screenshot_20190901-140250_Autel Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20190901-140255_Autel Explorer.jpg

Yes, I know I can set the height and speed for each waypoint in the waypoint tab. Maybe I'm not being clear. Let me try this a different way. What's the point in the Route tab? What's the point in setting a height and speed in the Route tab if it ONLY sets the height and speed for waypoint 1?

LP

Yes, I know I can set the height and speed for each waypoint in the waypoint tab. Maybe I'm not being clear. Let me try this a different way. What's the point in the Route tab? What's the point in setting a height and speed in the Route tab if it ONLY sets the height and speed for waypoint 1?

LP
Oh ok. If you plan to do a quick waypoint mission with a constant height and speed, you use the route tab. I understand that you can do the same with waypoint, but meh, it's how it is. Perhaps the developer just wanted to fill all available space so it doesn't look empty.

That was my guess as well - a quick route. However, since setting the height and speed on that tab ONLY sets the height and speed for waypoint 1, it seems kinda pointless. Waypoint 2 just defaults back to 197ft and 11mph.

LP

That was my guess as well - a quick route. However, since setting the height and speed on that tab ONLY sets the height and speed for waypoint 1, it seems kinda pointless. Waypoint 2 just defaults back to 197ft and 11mph.

LP
It doesn't for me. It sets the same height and speed as the first waypoint.
Screenshot_20190901-143041_Autel Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20190901-143036_Autel Explorer.jpg

ok now THAT is weird. Are you on Android too? I just did it on another phone, and same result. Here's my sequence of events:

1. Start Explorer.
2. Click mission.
3. Click a start point on the map. this will switch the right hand pane to the 'route' tab.
4. Set a height and speed.
5. Click a bunch of points on the map.
6. Hit save (or not)
7. Click the waypoint tab.
8. Scroll through the waypoints. Only waypoint 1 stays at the height and speed set in step 4.

Is it just me again like last time? Geez. I have to sell this thing.

LP

Ya I get the same as Ansia, each one after the first has the same height and speed.
I am on Android if that makes a difference

Did you do the same steps as I listed above? Or do you save and go to the camera view to check the waypoints?

LP
I am on Android. I do the same process as you do and I set my waypoints through the google maps.

The only difference is I don't set the different waypoints until after I go to waypoint tab. I only set the first one before it.

Based on your screenshots above, I think I figured it out. You are checking your height settings for each waypoint by tapping it on the map while still on the Route tab, aren't you. If you switch to the Waypoint tab AFTER setting your points and scroll through them using the left and right arrows at the top of the tab, I'm guessing you'll see the same thing I do.

LP

Based on your screenshots above, I think I figured it out. You are checking your height settings for each waypoint by tapping it on the map while still on the Route tab, aren't you. If you switch to the Waypoint tab AFTER setting your points and scroll through them using the left and right arrows at the top of the tab, I'm guessing you'll see the same thing I do.

LP
If I do that way, then I am allowed to change height and speed for each waypoint.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials