Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Warm Glove Testing

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Here is a little video testing out my Warm Glove Cold Air Shield Hood Hand Warmer for RC Transmitter by Wtotoy. First let me say I did the 4Hawks mode a couple of months ago and I am very pleased with the results but as winter is coming very fast I also bought 2 900 Mhz Omni antennas for the winter use of my warm glove. The 5.8 directional antenna I already had. I have to say my feet were cold, my nose was cold but my hands were nice and warm in the fake rabbit fur enclosure :)

Something I would like to point out I did multiple testing, the firmware was the latest 2.0.12. If you plan to fly with snow on the ground beware the starpoint feature may work but from my findings it worked maybe 2% of the time over snow. As soon as it saw something like sidewalk or grass it kicked in. When it read zero measurement it was real hard to control. A lot harder than before when it did not work at all on the older firmwares.
This is common with any kind of starlink from other manufactures. It needs some solid colors to work right.
Just be careful for those who fly in the winter with snow.

Reactions: brian bwin
Here is a little video testing out my Warm Glove Cold Air Shield Hood Hand Warmer for RC Transmitter by Wtotoy. First let me say I did the 4Hawks mode a couple of months ago and I am very pleased with the results but as winter is coming very fast I also bought 2 900 Mhz Omni antennas for the winter use of my warm glove. The 5.8 directional antenna I already had. I have to say my feet were cold, my nose was cold but my hands were nice and warm in the fake rabbit fur enclosure :)

Something I would like to point out I did multiple testing, the firmware was the latest 2.0.12. If you plan to fly with snow on the ground beware the starpoint feature may work but from my findings it worked maybe 2% of the time over snow. As soon as it saw something like sidewalk or grass it kicked in. When it read zero measurement it was real hard to control. A lot harder than before when it did not work at all on the older firmwares.
This is common with any kind of starlink from other manufactures. It needs some solid colors to work right.

I'm a big fan of the Hoodman Launch Pads, the contrast between the black lettering and the orange background really seems to help with landing. I have the 5' model for working out of the van, and a 3' for packing. Not that I'm planning to do a lot of snow landings - you Canadian flyers have got to be tough!

Move south, no gloves required for more than a week at a time.

Augustine, does flight time suffer at all when flying in the cold?

Sent using Tapatalk

Oh for sure. Its been around 30-40 degrees all week. On start up my battery said I had 22 minutes of flight time. About 1 minute in the air that dropped to 18 minutes. I got well over 10 minutes of flight time and landed with 60% level on the battery. I don't like pushing the batteries and now that winter is here I am extra careful to make sure I am near homepoint when I get down around 45-40%. This is kind of a old timers rule to never push your lipos past 40% if you want to keep them operating well.

Reactions: WildDoktor
Good to know, thanks!

I *may* fly at lunchtime today, but it's only going to be 54F...don't know if I can handle it... :eek::D

Seems like your thumbs would still get cold..... which is the only thing that gets cold for me, when flying in cold weather.

Seems like your thumbs would still get cold..... which is the only thing that gets cold for me, when flying in cold weather.

Not at all. Both hands are fully enclosed inside the mitt. Nice and toasty warm. No cold wind blowing on your hands makes this perfect for cold winter days.

20171026_120026.jpg

I may have to try it, as flying with gloves on sux. And only $25, give or take. May have to go with the orange ones though. Have to see if it's even close to autel orange. Thanks

Mine came from banggood.com and is a cheap knockoff of some of the better ones I guess but it does every thing I wanted it to do. The two antennas I actually made holes for them to fit through which allows you to seal it up better. I figured for 12 bucks Canadian it worth a shot. I was also surprise at how fast it came from China. It was at my door in two weeks which is unheard of for me.

I live in Florida and was at Cocoa Beach on Saturday flying with about 10 mph wind and 85 deg. Just can't imagine me in the snow.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Earl