Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

video editing software

dirtracer7207

Reaction score
Alright so now that I have spent the day install a bunch of claimed free video editing software, and got about a hundred virus on my computer and had to restore back to factory settings. Just wondering what is everyone else using or would recommend using for video editing. At this point I am alright with buying something as long as its good. This download free stuff is just not working.

I have been very happy with cyberlink powerdirector and it goes on sale a lot so check it out on black Friday. Should be marked way down.

I agree with any of the above! PowerDirctor, Filmora, Shotcut, Movie Maker. (Be aware that MM unfortunately won't output 4K video, "only" HD.) And of course there's always the "expensive" stuff (Adobe).

I also agree it's a personal preference. For sure download the trial versions first and see how you like them. I had just about given up on PowerDirector and had put it to the side for a couple months; opened it up last week and something "clicked" in my brain...I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do, and it wasn't even hard or time consuming. )Sure hope I remember that next time I edit a video... :) )

I also like wondershare filmora, you can try it for free withou messing up your computer, its easy to use, they have alot of video tutorials on how to use it & if you like it, buy it for $50. Make sure you download it from their website!

I use Shotcut....it has a bit of a learning curve but it's free, has tons of capability and doesn't jam up your laptop with unwanted crap.

Shotcut - Home

When I try to download this it wants to sell me a Update Driver program. Is there a way to avoid that? Thanks.

When I try to download this it wants to sell me a Update Driver program. Is there a way to avoid that? Thanks.

That's strange....i downloaded from here without seeing anything like that:
Shotcut - Download

They're known for being free of crapware so I suspect you may not have downloaded from the genuine site above.

I also like wondershare filmora, you can try it for free withou messing up your computer, its easy to use, they have alot of video tutorials on how to use it & if you like it, buy it for $50. Make sure you download it from their website!

I did download this one, and so far it was working pretty good. Kinda reminds me of windows movie maker. Just wanted to see what everyone else was using. I miss windows movie maker, however you can no longer download it. Well you can but its not the real microsoft one, and you have to pay for it. So my thoughts are if I am going to pay for something then I am going to get something that is worth it. Not something cheap as WMM. Thank you.

Alright so now that I have spent the day install a bunch of claimed free video editing software, and got about a hundred virus on my computer and had to restore back to factory settings. Just wondering what is everyone else using or would recommend using for video editing. At this point I am alright with buying something as long as its good. This download free stuff is just not working.

I finally got the Shotcut product loaded. I've played with it for about an hour. Out of courtesy I'll try another hour. I'm not impressed. Unless I stumble onto something dramatic I'll stick with MM. :)

Came back to the laptop this morning and it wouldn't even open the Internet. Popups for two different "clean your computer" companies kept popping up. Restarted with no improvement. Uninstalled the Shotcut and everything was back to normal. Have no idea what that was about.

I'll just stick with MM for awhile. :)

Yea i tried downloading a couple of "free" ones, and it dam near killed my computer. Do not recommend trying back door sites. I guess I went to school for the wrong thing. should have been computers.

Adobe Premiere Elements 14...Only ***** is...I have zero idea how to use it. Been on the computer now for about a year and I've never used it.

Adobe Premiere Elements 14...Only ***** is...I have zero idea how to use it. Been on the computer now for about a year and I've never used it.
Correction...Had it a year and a half and never used it.

I checked out adobe premiere however was not liking the monthly payments to use it. wanted something one time fee and I own it kinda of thing.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert