Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Vertical PHOTOGRAMETRY

Condor 2023

Reaction score
Hi.
Could anyone makes pictures in vertical flight using the evo ii pro V3? Is it possible do it? I mean, taking pictures for buoldings, towers, something like that.

Thanks

All a "vertical" picture (aka portrait orientation) is, is a horizontal picture (aka landscape orientation) cropped to a portrait aspect ratio. In simple laymen's terms, if you want a portrait oriented image of a landscape simply shoot with enough room on the sides of the image to crop to a portrait aspect ratio without affecting the main focus of the image.

I do this all the time for both video and photos. I frequently deliver both a social media 4:5 version of an image or video as well as a traditional 16:9 or native sensor aspect ratio version of the same image or video. To make sure that both fit properly, I simply ensure that there is enough room on the sides to crop to the smaller portrait ratio.

Here is an example image...same image, two different aspect ratios. The first image is the native sensor aspect ratio, the second is a social media optimized 4:5 portrait aspect ratio.

Sample-Landscape.jpg

Sample-SocialMedia.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobimashou

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan