Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to transfer pictures to Ipad

Jsamson

Reaction score
Currently I have the Evo 2 pro V2. I use a ipad mini with my controller. I don't use the drone for videos, I use it for roof inspections and only take pictures.
When connected to the ipad mini the pictures are saved on the ipad and the SD card. I can then air drop the pictures to my larger work ipad tablet to drop the pictures into the a report and send it off. Then to the next home.

Here are my questions.
1) Is there a way with the V3 to connect a ipad to the controller to capture pictures on the tablet when I am taking them, or transfer them from the controller to the ipad, via wifi, cable or air drop?

2) Is there a way with the V3 to connect an Android phone/tablet to the controller to capture pictures on an Android device when I am taking them or transfer them from the controller to the Android device via wifi, cable or NFC?

I don't have access to a computer in the field and I might take pictures of 10-12 homes before returning home (120-150 pictures to work with). Uploading them to the computer then sorting them then emailing them from my PC to the ipad, then downloading into the Ipad then putting them into the report is cumbersome and excessively time consuming. I can get a Android tablet which would make it easier when getting home and connecting to the computer, but that is still adding more time to getting the pictures into the report and sending off the report.

If you have an iPad Pro, you can just hook usb-c to usb-c between the iPad and Evo. (at least on the v3 I have). Then it'll show up as an external media in the Apple files app and you can copy videos around.

If regular iPad or iPhone, you can probably use a Lightning to USB adapter then a USB-A to USB-C cable... but not sure, havn't actually done that.

Yeah, I'll check again when I get home on Monday. But last time it showed up as a removable drive when I plugged it in. I have an 11" iPad pro (1st Gen on the 11")

Yeah, I'll check again when I get home on Monday. But last time it showed up as a removable drive when I plugged it in. I have an 11" iPad pro (1st Gen on the 11")
I figured it out. I was plugging into the smart controller. Once I plugged into the drone directly it showed up. Even if I moved the photos to the controller, it wouldn’t show.

Then the trick is to go to Share>Save Images

Reactions: christr
I figured it out. I was plugging into the smart controller. Once I plugged into the drone directly it showed up. Even if I moved the photos to the controller, it wouldn’t show.

Then the trick is to go to Share>Save Images
Sorry, I had forgot about this thread. :( Yeah, I was plugged direct into my drone. From the Smart Controller I usually do wireless sharing of the pictures.

But since it's android you should be able to swipe down from the top, and enter USB settings and set to share the disk... but I'm not sure. I haven't tried that with mine.

--Chris

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo