Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Upstate ny

I am a NYC resident these 67 years and i go to the areas you guys are referring to, and these are places i have been to and frequent while on vacation

It is SPECIAL to me...we go to Shcroon lake in the Adirondacks...Warrensburg...PARADOX lake

This year will be the 1st time that i will have an EVO to document the area

we are visiting PARADOX Lake this year and i have 2 EXTRA batteries (gotta make sure i bring plenty of FILM along..HAha )

some people in NYC pronounce the word FILM,as...FILLUM ! (i just HAD to mention that..TRUE )

I was a trucker for the USPS and i tried many times to get a transfer to that area of NY to work and move my family

it never panned out but i love the area and i never want to leave when vacation comes to an and from up there

Can't wait till Summer...Flying HIGH + Wide with clear wide open space to explore

Best to ALL

Martin/NYC

FILLUM is an Irish thing, when I lived in Dublin the locals always said that. Maybe the NYC folk are trying to be plastic paddies.

Yeah I love it up here. Moved down south to NC for a while. And the ocean is nice. But I missed my mountains. Nice to hear how people can appreciate this area and love it as much as I do. Safe travels when u do come up with the family. Happy flying. And hit me up when it's closer to vacation time,. I'll point u to some secret honey holes of mine that are in the area.

I will be in the Catskills this weekend,,,Pine Hill

In August i will be at Paradox Lake in the Adirondacks...with My Evo + Mavic Pro

counting the days

Weird I was in Pine Hill today !

No S !

My wife's cousin lives right off Rt 28...about a 5 minute walk into town

she lives on birch Creek Road

if you drive on Birch Creek Road..which is 100 yards out side of the town...you drive up to Risers farm

ALL the way On birch Creek road

about a mile in...you get to an end..make a right and another 1/2 mile you hit the abandoned farm...hundreds of acres and a nice CRYSTAL clear mountain stream fed BIG Pond

i have flown there...the Bellayre ski center is visible in the distance ( 2 miles away) and i flew to IT from the pond

A glorious area...Clean..untouched...old farm buildings slowly becoming the ground...ever so slowly...decades...each time i go i see the slow descent into the ground

The owner of the property ..a Dr. Riser..had it in his will..when he died he left the property to NYS

he said in the will that he wanted the property to be left to nature...the Pond in the hot summer is still ice cold

It is one of my favorite places to fly and it is my favorite places to walk to and just listen to...SILENCE

Extremely rare in NYC

Realize the last post was months ago but I grew up in Saratoga Springs but now live in Rochester. We go up to Schroon lake also every couple of months as my daughter and grandsons live up there as her husband works at Word of Life Bible Institute so I know a lot of the places mentioned. The adirondacks are beautiful.

I know this is an old thread, but... who is out there in the Western NY Area. And... would like to get out and fly and compare settings n stuff!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials