Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Upstate ny

Spiller224

Reaction score
In the lake George/ Saratoga region. 45 minutes north of Albany. Just seeing if anyone else is in the area. Saying what's up. I fly and Evo. Upgraded from a hubsan 501s. Love the Evo. Amazing

Reactions: KevinP and KentA

KentA

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I'm from farther upstate in NY in the Lake Placid region. 2-1/2 hours north of Albany, but that still isn't far enough.

Spiller224

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya. I love it up there. Would love to live up in that area eventually.

KevinP

Reaction score
Ha ..I am down here in Albany, My new evo should be here tomorrow ...:)

Reactions: KentA

Spiller224

Reaction score
That's exciting. The Evo is sweet. And about half the price as the Mavic2 I was looking at. Does everything I need and is extremely well built with amazing technology. Aurelia has amazing customer service too and a million other pluses. I could go on and on. Just brought it to a job site today. Tore a slate roof off an old barn in the mountains. Over cast skies. But made for some fun and breaks. And cool pics. It has 8X digital zoom also. A lot of people don't know about that feature.

KevinP

Reaction score
That's cool... perhaps you could share a few photo's or video of
your adventure ... 🆒

KevinP

Reaction score
Tore a slate roof off an old barn in the mountains.

That looks like a big job .... Nice photo's 👍

Spiller224

Reaction score
Haha. That's what my girl friend said. I was the only one who would get on the roof, because it was so old and rotten. They all did the low **** on the scaffold. And that first pic, is a old little brick building in a field. Almost like a play house. Idk what it originally was. Maybe it was a play house.

Reactions: KentA

Spiller224

Reaction score
I have to upload the pic. But I was 900ft + away. And there were some Amish folks in a wagon going down the road. I zoomed in 8x from that far away and still was able to see them perfect. Got a little pixilated from that far. But the zoom is impressive. Even just to check out the landscape and see where your next point to fly too is. Very cool.

KevinP

Reaction score
I haven't been up to the Lake Placid area in quite a few years. It is an unbelievable awesome part of the state. I didn't know that some Amish folks and settled in the area ...

Spiller224

Reaction score
That wasn't near lake placid. I'm about 1.5 hours south of that. The job I was on is in Whitehall. I live Near lake George. KentA lives in lake placid. But there are a lot of hidden gems in these mountains. And I didn't know there were Amish there haha. Until today. They might be meninites. Idk. Didn't ask. I wanted to follow them close with the drone. But didn't want to be a douche

swings16

Reaction score
I am a NYC resident these 67 years and i go to the areas you guys are referring to, and these are places i have been to and frequent while on vacation

It is SPECIAL to me...we go to Shcroon lake in the Adirondacks...Warrensburg...PARADOX lake

This year will be the 1st time that i will have an EVO to document the area

we are visiting PARADOX Lake this year and i have 2 EXTRA batteries (gotta make sure i bring plenty of FILM along..HAha )

some people in NYC pronounce the word FILM,as...FILLUM ! (i just HAD to mention that..TRUE )

I was a trucker for the USPS and i tried many times to get a transfer to that area of NY to work and move my family

it never panned out but i love the area and i never want to leave when vacation comes to an and from up there

Can't wait till Summer...Flying HIGH + Wide with clear wide open space to explore

Best to ALL

Martin/NYC

Reactions: KevinP and KentA

Spiller224

Reaction score
Yeah I love it up here. Moved down south to NC for a while. And the ocean is nice. But I missed my mountains. Nice to hear how people can appreciate this area and love it as much as I do. Safe travels when u do come up with the family. Happy flying. And hit me up when it's closer to vacation time,. I'll point u to some secret honey holes of mine that are in the area.

swings16

Reaction score
Another beauty up there...THEY (the locals) call it SKROON lake

an hour + North of Lake George

WITHOUT all the cockamamy tourist crap...TRAFFIC...Crowded beaches...NOISY

Scroon Lake...i am itchin to go

a HUGE lake..Not as big as lake George but still almost 10 Miles long and 5/6 wide

NO GARBAGE..LITTER...B.S.

Locals keep it nice and i go out of my way to keep it that way

I picture my self soaring over and along,EVERYWHERE there

Pristine ...CLEAN...ICY Clean water...4 months and counting...WhoooPEEE

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMouse