Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Upstate ny

Spiller224

Reaction score
In the lake George/ Saratoga region. 45 minutes north of Albany. Just seeing if anyone else is in the area. Saying what's up. I fly and Evo. Upgraded from a hubsan 501s. Love the Evo. Amazing

Reactions: KevinP and KentA
Welcome to the forum.
I'm from farther upstate in NY in the Lake Placid region. 2-1/2 hours north of Albany, but that still isn't far enough.

Yeah I hear ya. I love it up there. Would love to live up in that area eventually.

Ha ..I am down here in Albany, My new evo should be here tomorrow ...:)

Reactions: KentA
That's exciting. The Evo is sweet. And about half the price as the Mavic2 I was looking at. Does everything I need and is extremely well built with amazing technology. Aurelia has amazing customer service too and a million other pluses. I could go on and on. Just brought it to a job site today. Tore a slate roof off an old barn in the mountains. Over cast skies. But made for some fun and breaks. And cool pics. It has 8X digital zoom also. A lot of people don't know about that feature.

That's cool... perhaps you could share a few photo's or video of
your adventure ... ?

Tore a slate roof off an old barn in the mountains.

That looks like a big job .... Nice photo's ?

Haha. That's what my girl friend said. I was the only one who would get on the roof, because it was so old and rotten. They all did the low **** on the scaffold. And that first pic, is a old little brick building in a field. Almost like a play house. Idk what it originally was. Maybe it was a play house.

Reactions: KentA
I have to upload the pic. But I was 900ft + away. And there were some Amish folks in a wagon going down the road. I zoomed in 8x from that far away and still was able to see them perfect. Got a little pixilated from that far. But the zoom is impressive. Even just to check out the landscape and see where your next point to fly too is. Very cool.

I haven't been up to the Lake Placid area in quite a few years. It is an unbelievable awesome part of the state. I didn't know that some Amish folks and settled in the area ...

That wasn't near lake placid. I'm about 1.5 hours south of that. The job I was on is in Whitehall. I live Near lake George. KentA lives in lake placid. But there are a lot of hidden gems in these mountains. And I didn't know there were Amish there haha. Until today. They might be meninites. Idk. Didn't ask. I wanted to follow them close with the drone. But didn't want to be a douche

I am a NYC resident these 67 years and i go to the areas you guys are referring to, and these are places i have been to and frequent while on vacation

It is SPECIAL to me...we go to Shcroon lake in the Adirondacks...Warrensburg...PARADOX lake

This year will be the 1st time that i will have an EVO to document the area

we are visiting PARADOX Lake this year and i have 2 EXTRA batteries (gotta make sure i bring plenty of FILM along..HAha )

some people in NYC pronounce the word FILM,as...FILLUM ! (i just HAD to mention that..TRUE )

I was a trucker for the USPS and i tried many times to get a transfer to that area of NY to work and move my family

it never panned out but i love the area and i never want to leave when vacation comes to an and from up there

Can't wait till Summer...Flying HIGH + Wide with clear wide open space to explore

Best to ALL

Martin/NYC

Reactions: KevinP and KentA
Yeah I love it up here. Moved down south to NC for a while. And the ocean is nice. But I missed my mountains. Nice to hear how people can appreciate this area and love it as much as I do. Safe travels when u do come up with the family. Happy flying. And hit me up when it's closer to vacation time,. I'll point u to some secret honey holes of mine that are in the area.

Another beauty up there...THEY (the locals) call it SKROON lake

an hour + North of Lake George

WITHOUT all the cockamamy tourist crap...TRAFFIC...Crowded beaches...NOISY

Scroon Lake...i am itchin to go

a HUGE lake..Not as big as lake George but still almost 10 Miles long and 5/6 wide

NO GARBAGE..LITTER...B.S.

Locals keep it nice and i go out of my way to keep it that way

I picture my self soaring over and along,EVERYWHERE there

Pristine ...CLEAN...ICY Clean water...4 months and counting...WhoooPEEE

I will be spending a week 5 hours NORTH of NYC at a small SUMMER TIME community named SUNDERLAND Lake + Cottages.

I have been going there since my kids were KIDS and we will be going back now with my kids and THEIR kids.

All of this is a prelude to FLYING over this pristine location...sweet crystal clear lake with scores of islands scattered throughout the lake area

I am already there in my imagination...like a bee going from one flower to another,i see EVO going through similar motions,bouncing from one island to another...some the size of a small car,others hundreds of feet long and wide and most with huge boulders on them along with trees and other plant life

I have swam to + from most of the islands there (my ONE physical SPORTS like talent that i possess)...i can swim as well as i can walk...several hundred yards at a clip and much more if swimming at a slow/medium pace

I recently picked up my 3rd battery...i want to make sure that i have enough power to do all that i have planned

i have a QUESTION...i am fairly well versed in using my computer...i can do most anything BUT i don't know how to make a PC/on line.. View able VIDEO Clip like so many here do regularly

Can you recommend a program or way of making my Evo movies into a watchable/playable video that can be shared with our community

are there simple FREE programs out there that someone can recommend ?

forgot to mention..the NAME of the Lake we will be going to...PARADOX LAKE (Adirondack mountain are of NY State)

THANKS ALL

Martin/NYC

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials