Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Timelapse Issue!

Cicero24

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this issue with timelapses? I’m consistently having RGB lines on the right side and horrible color casting throughout the video once the timelapse is stitched upon completion. The photos do not have this issue when stitched manually by me in post. The SD card is not corrupted. Normal video and photos are fine. Total ?!

Attachments

• AC970295-CD0B-4DCC-AA4A-58F703C59678.png
    AC970295-CD0B-4DCC-AA4A-58F703C59678.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 27
Anyone else experiencing this issue with timelapses? I’m consistently having RGB lines on the right side and horrible color casting throughout the video once the timelapse is stitched upon completion. The photos do not have this issue when stitched manually by me in post. The SD card is not corrupted. Normal video and photos are fine. Total ?!
Tried 2.5.12 yet or is this with that installed? With 2.5.12 you can use manual settings which I think will fix this as its the Auto causing some color flickering for me.

Yep. This is with 2.5.12 installed. The video was shot in manual as well. Auto mode produces the same effects. I tried uninstalling the application and reinstalled with the same results. ??

Yep. This is with 2.5.12 installed. The video was shot in manual as well. Auto mode produces the same effects. I tried uninstalling the application and reinstalled with the same results. ??
You seeing the yaw issue when hovering and hyperlapse with 2.5.12? I've not had time to test yet. The Gimbal roll issue still seems like its there as well.

I have not obviously noticed any of those issues anymore since leaving 2.5.0 in the rear view in whole. I am going to do more testing today. I will let you know if I have any of those issues specifically while performing a time lapse. This has been my only issue since updating to 2.5.12 a few days ago. Have been happy until finding this bug.

Just updated to the latest available update from Autel’s website this morning. I was hoping that the bug causing artifacting in stitched 6k time-lapses would be corrected. Nope! Still there in 6k time-lapses.

Send it in as I am speechless, OK so here we go, Autel sent a update today on my drone that I shipped to them on 12.29.20 2 day air and they responded today after receiving it. WAS NOT FROM ANY UPDATE THE OA SENSOR SYTEM WAS BAD AND THE GIMBAL WAS BAD. 960.00 BUCKS - WARRANTY COVERED IS PRICELESS. nothing anyone could have fixed by tweaking, Wait time is a bummer but after this I cant say anything bad about them and overall the time frame was pretty good. Since the 14th is when the is started it seems like eternity but Autel # 1 in my book.

New drone with bad Gimbal and Obstacle Avoidance Sensor - unreal

Do I become a fanboy now ? ? Stay tuned and I will send you this adorable blanket once she is home,

Attachments

• 01.04.21 - Service order SER5831 confirmed.pdf
    164.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Just updated to the latest available update from Autel’s website this morning. I was hoping that the bug causing artifacting in stitched 6k time-lapses would be corrected. Nope! Still there in 6k time-lapses.
Long story short is the updates were not, ^ ^ ^ ^ I say again not the culprit as thought,

Straight from the email reply from Autel....

”Our quality engineer confirmed that this is a bug in the Software of the application when shooting 6K. We are going to be providing this ticket for reference to our Camera engineers to address this issue.”

The “bug” wasn’t resolved with this most recent firmware release.

“New drone with bad Gimbal and Obstacle Avoidance Sensor - unreal”

I just can’t stand by this thing anymore. Very freshman like from a company trying to produce a “PRO” product. It’s like the EVO II is their first drone. I fly my Mavic 2 with Smart Controller more now a days and it just always works! It’s too bad. Maybe one day they will finally get it right, but for what they are charging.....for what you get, nahhhh bro!

Last edited:
So in the end, we worried about them possibly not doing the right thing but they actually are fixing. It is sometimes extremely hard on us when your stuff is down. Such as life my friend. Personally I think they wanted me to just drop another 3200 on the 8 K so they got me in the end so I now have my back up - GO FIGURE. Hang in bro and stay on it and document, I think they will do us all good and correct! If not its . . . hmmm not sure. Maybe I will buy me a Bell Jet Ranger next, something IFR rated and used costing about 5M. Stay cool amigo!

Straight from the email reply from Autel....

”Our quality engineer confirmed that this is a bug in the Software of the application when shooting 6K. We are going to be providing this ticket for reference to our Camera engineers to address this issue.”
And was it Brady that you spoke with? He helped me a lot!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo