Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

The Autel guy admitted the Evo won't raise itself while following someone.... Why??? Other drones do this!

He also said the Live Deck is compatible with the Evo 2, so most likely you can use the same controller for both Evos.

The Autel guy admitted the Evo won't raise itself while following someone.... Why??? Other drones do this!

I would think its just a software and firmware upgrade. Not sure if they need to pay for the rights to use it. Parrot uses the barometer, not sure if Autel has the right to use this tech.
Besides sometimes it is not reliable LOL

Reactions: Ansia
One of my friends who uses the Anafi to video his Jeep mod's uses the Anafi and the Typhoon H. Both very good at the follow me mod but he claims the iOS app works better then the Android App for this. Lots to consider I guess when making the App.

Does Brian have prop damage to his hand lol?
Disappointed it wont track terrain elevation. Dont see why you would need more sensors than it already comes with to do it. Yes I heard him talk about processing power but I'm sure theres a way around it sacrificing something else.
Wow FLIR is big bucks! Potential much lower cost version for us lowly peons.

I am NOT impressed by this guys knowledge of the product. Anyone representing the company should have the information down. Reminds me of going to buy a car and feeling embarrassed at how little the sales person knows compared to yourself. Sounded like he had just tried it out the night before too. Probably why he's wearing the bandages:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well you have to give them a break, considering they were not even suppose to be there other then a announcement about the EVO 2. I'm sure they all are not as up to date as Tim is and Tim does need a break every once in a while LOL

Does Brian have prop damage to his hand lol?
Disappointed it wont track terrain elevation. Dont see why you would need more sensors than it already comes with to do it. Yes I heard him talk about processing power but I'm sure theres a way around it sacrificing something else.
Wow FLIR is big bucks! Potential much lower cost version for us lowly peons.

I am NOT impressed by this guys knowledge of the product. Anyone representing the company should have the information down. Reminds me of going to buy a car and feeling embarrassed at how little the sales person knows compared to yourself. Sounded like he had just tried it out the night before too. Probably why he's wearing the bandages:rolleyes:
But those salesmen are the best ones. You can sell them the car and get comission!

I have never seen this guy in anything Autel before. He is probably one of the 2 repairmen in the back. He knows what he read and got from the meetings he didn't fall asleep at.

So I just watched the dobo video right at CES and this Autel rep said 35 minute hover and 40 minutes probably at 10mph. I would take those numbers with a huge grain of salt. I dont believe you will see that unless possibly maybe you are close to the ground, 0 wind, battery to 0% and every camera and sensor off which is totally unrealistic as always.
Play the game... everybody play the game! Of love err drones I mean:D
He did say that all the drones at CES are production units.

Plus now I know who Tim is lol

Last edited:
There's a DroneU vid out touting the Evo 2 with comments on the Falcon, PowerEgg X, some new 170g startup plus lots of remote id/FAA discussion.

looks amazing, but if its has wifi, instead of something like occusync i would abstain from buying one! love my evo, but i had the mavic zoom and range was soooo much better! quality, hardwarw and range, dji! ease of use, software, restrictions, AUTEL! so i still could not find the perfect drone!

looks amazing, but if its has wifi, instead of something like occusync i would abstain from buying one! love my evo, but i had the mavic zoom and range was soooo much better! quality, hardwarw and range, dji! ease of use, software, restrictions, AUTEL! so i still could not find the perfect drone!
That's weird because I haven't had any issue with my Evo regarding range. I usually flight in a big river and never lose signal. I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, which use ocusync 1 and had issues losing signal at less than 1000 feet.

The advertized range for the Evo 2 is 9Km while the Mavic 2 does 7Km.

As far as range goes from the outside it doesnt appear that the Evo 2 RC is any different so my guess is that the actual drone has the upgrades. Time will tell as its put through its paces. I wont be surprised if there isnt a significant difference between the 1 and 2.
What I've seen over and over again is different opinions/claims depending on a whole lot of factors (including the human ones) regardless of manufacturer.
There will NEVER be the perfect drone for everyone. It's why many carry a toolbox full of them.
Personally I'm a fanboy of technology and no single company. I WANT competition in the marketplace. I cheer loudly when ANY company innovates something even if their overall design doesnt quite work.

On a separate note does anyone know if the Evo 2 gimbal can tilt up at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: aed1980
Pman, you're right Evo 1 and Evo 2 on the same output power in transmission: 26 dBm FCC and 20 dBm CE.
I had made a comparative table, the rest is Blah, blah.
One cannot exceed the authorized powers if not no homologation.
Comp spec evo 1-2.JPG

That's kinda weird. Where is all the extra weight coming from? They made it more efficient with a smaller battery and it weighs 130g more???
I havent heard or seen anyone say anything other than it appears to be the exact same controller other than software.

Anybody been reading some of the posts over on the RCGroups page about the EVO 2? Seems to be some talk that the 8K sensor is not true 8K noidea (1).gif
Over my head but here is part of the conversation:

Having looked at more info today it’s VERY much looking like the 8K is smoke and mirrors, they appear they are using the IMX586 in the 8K model and they are playing the same marketing game as a few phone manufacturers tried last year and got burned over as it’s borderline dishonest imo.

It’s not 8K or True 8K its using Quad Bayer filter and the realty is very different.

Now the 1” model on the other hand is looking interesting and appear to be using the IMX383 that is a fantastic stable to start from.

It’s been pretty much university accepted by any camera review, site or technical overview that it’s not apples for apples and 46mp Quad Bayer is not delivering 46mp equivalent of resolution in real world.

Up to now every drone from all manufactures has used the expected method of labelling the sensor output of effective pixels.

The problem with a Quad Bayer is while yes there are 46MP of actual pixels below the filter these are not separate colour sites and they are basically splitting each colour so Into 4, your reading each rather than just once in a bayer grid.

It really is like having 2 sensors in one than doubling the resolution.

It’s still really only 12MP of actual separate usable detail pixels, yes the software will try to create something to give this 8k output however the downsides are noise and lack of detail or MOIR.

In Toms Tech video this can already be seen in the blacks and darks and he also comments on the lack of expected detail.

This should have been marketed for its lossless zoom and low light than really pushing the headline figure.

What I really don’t like is this will now muddy the waters for people trying to compare say the EVO 2 to the Anafi, Mavic or Skydio, once this road starts is just messy for all.

The 1” sensor model is looking like the only one I would even consider, the look of this thing is a little on steroids but it’s growing a little. It’s a dam big battery that’s for sure.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain