Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

Yea, it does sound great, but must be expensive. We discussed on this forum Autel’s ability to support more than one product at a time. So far, they haven’t shown they can do that. Although my XSP’s still seems to fly great, I’d be interested in a 20mp bigger sensor replacement eventually, but I wouldn’t care about thermal, or want to pay extra for it!

Last edited:
If and when it comes about it will be geared to the professionals who do survey work and such. Not going to be a normal type guy kind of UAV. You will be paying big bucks for it just for the Flir camera at the high resolution that they are hoping for. And the fact it has no Geo Fencing is a plus for those guys to get in and get out with no China company saying they can't.

I thought it was BS at first...but....looks like there's an FCC filing, with pics, manual, etc.

Net - 8K cam, 35 min flight time (7100mAH battery), lots of sensors...and some confusing info on range. One place in the manual quotes the operational distance at 16 miles, but the RC specs say 7km/4.3m just like the Evo 1. 16 miles sounds ridiculously unreasonable anyway.

LP

Reactions: Crusader
@Augustine Well thanks for moving, but I felt it was different from the DroneU vid. It sounded like they were suggesting a variation of the Evo with dual cam. My post is about an entirely new drone.

LP

LOL it is really ugly. It seems to have omnidirectional sensors. Let us see what the camera brings.

1574794341872.png

I was checking the battery out. It's 7100mAh. That is twice what the Evo battery has. Also, the camera appears to be 1" sensor. Here are some photos of it.

Attachments

• External-Photos-4528186.pdf
    328.5 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Crusader
Yeah...the battery is huge. I noticed that too. That's clearly how they are getting to the 35min flight time. The gimbal looks interesting too - and it appears to be customer replaceable. Just doesn't look like anything new and exciting to me....just more and bigger of the same. The reason Skydio has my eye is the beacon - and NO COMPASS at all.

LP

Reactions: Nightbat2
HAHA, DroneU A.K.A. DJIUFANBOYS....

Anyhow, I’ve been looking for this for a while. 99% sure it will be my next drone purchase.

Anyhow, I’ve been looking for this for a while. 99% sure it will be my next drone purchase.
You would be surprised. Paul owns and loves his Evo. He has stated various times that his Evo is his go to drone for flying.

Yes he does talk about DJI a lot but thats to be expected since his business relies on them. He teaches mapping and survey work with UAV's and DJI is the only one that fits his needs right now. When you have a class of 10-15 students all flying DJI you tend to talk about that brand more then others.

Reactions: WayneH
Other specs:
  • Flight time on the new Autel Evo 2 is 35 minutes.
  • Top speed of 44 mph
  • Operating distance of 16 miles
  • 360-degree obstacle avoidance (omnidirectional binocular vision sensing system)
  • No geo-fencing
  • Remote controller with OLED screen built-in
  • Autel Explorer app
  • 90-minute charge time
  • GPS and ATTI flight modes
  • Go Home function
  • Accurate Landing feature
  • Starpoint Positioning System
  • Smart Tracking
  • Viewpoint
  • Gesture Commands
  • Take-off weight 1000 grams or 2 lb 3 oz

Reactions: DronesPilot
Yeah...the battery is huge. I noticed that too. That's clearly how they are getting to the 35min flight time. The gimbal looks interesting too - and it appears to be customer replaceable. Just doesn't look like anything new and exciting to me....just more and bigger of the same. The reason Skydio has my eye is the beacon - and NO COMPASS at all.

LP

Doesn't look like anything new, LOL !
The Evo 2 camera specs blow everything current in the consumer drone market out of the park.

Doesn't look like anything new, LOL !
The Evo 2 camera specs blow everything current in the consumer drone market out of the park.

You missed my point. I'm looking for new technology, new directions, new functions, not 'better' of the same. 8K video is just higher resolution video. 35 min is just longer flight time. The Skydio is more what I'm looking for (and why I'm in line) - NO COMPASS, better subject tracking, new approach to obstacle avoidance, etc.

I also can't ignore the fact that Autel never delivered on many of the promises for the first Evo - like better subject tracking, a 1in sensor option, terrain tracking, AB button programmability, better waypoint functions, etc. I suspect this pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for getting much more for the Evo 1.

LP

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials