Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

I am not ready to upgrade either as I dont "need" anything better than what the Evo can already do. Could use the airtime and low light capabilities of the 1" but since I never intend to make $ what's the point of spending at least $2500 to get all the stuff purchased all over again. Cant justify the expense right now AND not interested in being a guinnee pig either.

Reactions: butch
The Chinese new year and the coronavirus with a very large portion of China on lock down will most definitely have a big effect on any product coming out of China this year. I would be very surprised if the dates don't get pushed back even farther because of this.

Reactions: macoman
I've been a huge Autel fan/user for a few years now.

I'm not jumping on the Evo 2 bandwagon until it actually hits the street, and I see content from users I trust. 8K has zero appeal to me, and I doubt the advertised flight time.

If Evo 1 would have matured more, I'd be more excited. It still has useless back buttons, and slow tracking. I love it's camera, and the look of it's video. Time will tell if it will continue to be supported.

From one of my fellow moderators on other UAV forums that I highly respect his opinion here is his views on the new EVO2

"A few points from a personal perspective.

Over the last couple years an individual’s writing skills in obfuscation have improved immensely.

I don’t fly “pocket” drones as I cannot keep them in view beyond a few hundred feet.

Yuneec has all but fallen on their sword, effectively removing them from the list of viable camera drones.

DJI makes a lot of very good products but their clear mandate to control the product, the user, the drone market, and world airspace for drones leaves them less than trustworthy.

Parrot makes some fun stuff but the Anafi is just too small and light to be used at any significant distance.

Autel products generally work, are “unrestricted”, and will be releasing slightly larger products with 1” sensor cameras. Their customer service isn’t bad. The debate over 5.8k, 6k, and 8k is virtually meaningless as most people are still using viewing devices limited to 1080 or lower resolution, and few have computers with the ability to efficiently process image resolution above 4k. So for the next couple years if so all the 6k and 8k sales pitches are more hype than anything else.

For me that means the new Autel products are worth a look and waiting a little longer to see what they can do is no big deal. What would be absolutely thrilling would be finding Autel made provisions for users to modify the FC programming, but that’s probably just too much to hope for. "

I totally agree.
:)

The most important question is... Are the collision sensors starlight camera sensors? Like the Runcam OWL or OWLplus? It NEEDS to be able to fly in the dark, especially a thermal drone.

We don't like the Skydio because it's too much of a goody twoshoes. It refuses to fly at night, and night is where all the fun happens. The appeal of obstacle avoidance for example, is launching an assault from a hidden hangar. You no longer need an "Airfield". You prep the drone with the stuff then hover, go sideways out a window then up really fast and it would avoid trees on the way up and disappear into the clouds where nobody can see....

I flew my Evo 2 yesterday, the A button is for voice commands, looks like the B button does nothing and neither of them are configurable in the Explorer App, unless I’m missing a trick

I flew my Evo 2 yesterday, the A button is for voice commands, looks like the B button does nothing and neither of them are configurable in the Explorer App, unless I’m missing a trick

In orbit mode, the A button is used to Set Centre Point, the B button is used for Voice Assistant

From one of my fellow moderators on other UAV forums that I highly respect his opinion here is his views on the new EVO2

"A few points from a personal perspective.

Over the last couple years an individual’s writing skills in obfuscation have improved immensely.

I don’t fly “pocket” drones as I cannot keep them in view beyond a few hundred feet.

Yuneec has all but fallen on their sword, effectively removing them from the list of viable camera drones.

DJI makes a lot of very good products but their clear mandate to control the product, the user, the drone market, and world airspace for drones leaves them less than trustworthy.

Parrot makes some fun stuff but the Anafi is just too small and light to be used at any significant distance.

Autel products generally work, are “unrestricted”, and will be releasing slightly larger products with 1” sensor cameras. Their customer service isn’t bad. The debate over 5.8k, 6k, and 8k is virtually meaningless as most people are still using viewing devices limited to 1080 or lower resolution, and few have computers with the ability to efficiently process image resolution above 4k. So for the next couple years if so all the 6k and 8k sales pitches are more hype than anything else.

For me that means the new Autel products are worth a look and waiting a little longer to see what they can do is no big deal. What would be absolutely thrilling would be finding Autel made provisions for users to modify the FC programming, but that’s probably just too much to hope for. "

I totally agree.
:)
This logic holds up. I agree with his analysis. The 6k drone is a good corporate video drone and should be good for service for at least 3 to 4 years before some unknown capability makes it less desirable. I'm not making money with my EVO 1 right now, but if I start making money, - Part 107 test in May - my next drone will be the EVO 2 6K for sure.

Reactions: parkgt
This logic holds up. I agree with his analysis. The 6k drone is a good corporate video drone and should be good for service for at least 3 to 4 years before some unknown capability makes it less desirable. I'm not making money with my EVO 1 right now, but if I start making money, - Part 107 test in May - my next drone will be the EVO 2 6K for sure.
Why can't you make money with the Evo 1? I use mine all the time, well... used to before I was sequestered into my home 6 weeks ago. ?

Any word on shipping for the 8K Rugged Bundle? Been quiet out there...

I ordered my 8k rugged a little over two weeks ago (late comer to the party) and it's been quiet as well. I did read somewhere, nothing official that it's still 3ish weeks out. Hope not, I was honestly hoping they would ship the drone and then the case later but it's looking less likely that's the case now.

Reactions: Jelloguard
Where did you buy it from?

Bought it in Germany. At first, there were inofficial quotes from autel that there won't be a way to buy here - but then i found one last week and ordered. Maiden flight was yesterday evening ;-)

Thank you Micander for your link, order made, I receive the Evo2 6k early next week.
Faster than H.K. and without customs taxes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy