Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

"Would using Litchi solve the problem for you? "

It's actually worse in Litchi. I prefer to use Litchi when I can because, I can carefully plan every inch of the flight and make sure nothing is missed. But Litchi won't work at all in a geo locked area even if the aircraft is unlocked and will fly with DJI software. So sometimes I end up flying manually without Litchi. I wish those of us with a 107 license could get unlocked aircraft.

The EVO 2 would fly in these areas no problem but I will have to get along without Litchi. As long as the aircraft does a reasonable job of maintaining a set altitude I should be ok. If it does not maintain a set altitude well, I may try setting a lower altitude limit and then just keeping it at that limit during the whole flight. I usually fly these surveys at around 100'. The idea is to document any crack that is larger than 1/8" wide.

Just watched a hover test to 8% autoland.
Evo 21:09
Mavic 2 Pro 21:42
Evo 2 8k 31:53
All 3 showed on their RC they had
VERY impressed that it is possible to hit the Evo 2 rated 35 minutes hover spec if you flew to 0%.

• Wow
Reactions: macoman
I would like to see a test range and compare it to the Evo 1.

Listened to a dobo video last night talking about a flight that I think was over 4 miles with no issue. Remember he also was told by Autel that all the extended range came from changes to the drone itself and not the RC.
From what Ive gathered so far the setup DJI uses for control/video is still going to be better than anyone else's offerings for now.

You have to remember the systems DJI uses they have patents on its technology and Autel has already been down that road with stealing DJI's idea's. Don't think they want to return to that road again.

You have to remember the systems DJI uses they have patents on its technology and Autel has already been down that road with stealing DJI's idea's. Don't think they want to return to that road again.
Didn't Autel sued DJI couple years ago because DJI used patented technology from Autel in their drones?

There was actually 3 or 4 law suits going on depending on what time frame and what State was hearing the case. In the end both parties seemed to have dropped the cases since Autel has stopped producing the X-Star. It has been said this is why they will not support further updates to it as it could open a can of worms again.
I used to have all the documentation and links but have no idea where it is now. It was during my angry time with Autel LOL so maybe I deleted them all. I got over it and I am looking forward to the EVO 2. :)

• Love
Reactions: macoman
There was actually 3 or 4 law suits going on depending on what time frame and what State was hearing the case. In the end both parties seemed to have dropped the cases since Autel has stopped producing the X-Star. It has been said this is why they will not support further updates to it as it could open a can of worms again.
I used to have all the documentation and links but have no idea where it is now. It was during my angry time with Autel LOL so maybe I deleted them all. I got over it and I am looking forward to the EVO 2. :)
This is the way.

With all the excited talk from youtube reviewers who have an Evo 2 on hand where are all the actual flight reviews? Would have expected a race to see who could put out the meat and potatoes first.

Reactions: tealsmoke57
With all the excited talk from youtube reviewers who have an Evo 2 on hand where are all the actual flight reviews? Would have expected a race to see who could put out the meat and potatoes first.

LOL
Well since these are all just loaners and they only come with one battery I think these guys are making sure they don't crash and burn. Drone Valley has been the only one that said he has lots of video as he has had his for a couple of weeks. I would expect him to start uploading some video soon.
I still think he has to much starch in his shorts but thats his problem LOL :)

Today, again I was prevented from flying a job when I should have been able to unlock but could not. I had my LAANC clearance and was legal to fly up to 200'. Both my main and backup aircraft refused to unlock because of some issue on with the DJI servers. I look stupid in from of the customer and have to reschedule for another day. My time and theris waisted.

This is my number one reason for jumping ship and leaving DJI. I need aircraft reliability. I need it to fly when it's time to fly. failed-to-unlock.jpg

Today, again I was prevented from flying a job when I should have been able to unlock but could not. I had my LAANC clearance and was legal to fly up to 200'. Both my main and backup aircraft refused to unlock because of some issue on with the DJI servers. I look stupid in from of the customer and have to reschedule for another day. My time and theris waisted.

This is my number one reason for jumping ship and leaving DJI. I need aircraft reliability. I need it to fly when it's time to fly. View attachment 6135
You should had come with a backup aircraft from Autel or other manufacturer. Don't depends on DJI brand. They have great aircrafts but this is why I rather use my Autel Evo than my Mavic Pro.

Well folks it looks like Autel Evo 2 release has pushed into at least March due to some software bug that can affect flight. They decided to update all of them rather than ship and have the customer do it.
Personally I believe it's something more than just a simple software update and they are not being as transparent as claimed. It would make far more sense to me to just start updating and sending them out the door if it was. You would at least have revenue coming in and reviews to stimulate the excitement waiting for your own.
Whatever is really going on opens the door for DJI to make the most of it. All they have to do now is make you want to wait for their next release more.
In my opinion IF Autel can update and release and are choosing not to whomever made this decision needs to be replaced ASAP. There's just too much at stake here for me to believe it's just a simple software issue :rolleyes:

Well folks it looks like Autel Evo 2 release has pushed into at least March due to some software bug that can affect flight. They decided to update all of them rather than ship and have the customer do it.
Personally I believe it's something more than just a simple software update and they are not being as transparent as claimed. It would make far more sense to me to just start updating and sending them out the door if it was. You would at least have revenue coming in and reviews to stimulate the excitement waiting for your own.
Whatever is really going on opens the door for DJI to make the most of it. All they have to do now is make you want to wait for their next release more.
In my opinion IF Autel can update and release and are choosing not to whomever made this decision needs to be replaced ASAP. There's just too much at stake here for me to believe it's just a simple software issue :rolleyes:
I am one of these folks that I rather wait at least six months to a year after released to see how stable the aircraft it's after some firmware updates. I am not desperate to upgrade from Evo 1.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller