Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The New Upcoming Autel Robotics EVO 2 Discussion Thread

Apparently Autel told Drone Valley they are prone to fly away and to be careful.

As always, I will wait some 6 months to see how the Evo evolves (pun intended) to ask the lady boss permission.
You are like me brother... I never buy anything that come to market immediately. I usually wait more than 6 months after introduction to see how things go. I don't want to be one of the beta tester customers.... LMAO.

Reactions: Pman and Ansia
Actually I researched many months before cashing out on the Evo. What put me over the edge was our church needed someone to get footage of our annual vacation bible school (VBS). There was someone who got a little bit for a day last year but it wasnt his drone. VBS is a week long event. We have around 400 kids from kindergarten thru 5th grade and around 300 workers.
Prior to the Evo I played around with Bugs 3 and Yuneec breezes (when the $ dropped to $150) and the like. It was a long thought out researched process that led me to the Evo as the smart buy.
Even though I had decided the Evo was the way to go i still didnt jump on it until i realized that no one would be filming from an aerial view unless i committed to it.
I'm not really interested in flying in the cold so even though it would be nice to own one just because I can I dont have a need. Doesnt mean it isnt enticing:)

Reactions: macoman
I've got 6 months before the next VBS and I have some reservations about Autels claims. Expect the Autels cameras to be very good as they seem to know what they are doing in that area. The one thing that would be really handy for me from flying last years event would be the longer flight time.

I've got 6 months before the next VBS and I have some reservations about Autels claims. Expect the Autels cameras to be very good as they seem to know what they are doing in that area. The one thing that would be really handy for me from flying last years event would be the longer flight time.
I have to agree with you and also Autel have an excellent customer service that goes above and beyond. I hope their customer service still the same with the Evo 2. Sometimes when companies started to get big and offering more products then their customer service gets weak... Look at DJI now.

And Yuneec too, lamantable, you do not know where your device leaves, and no follow-up. Over 4 months of repair time.

It's a shame about Yuneec. When I was doing my research my heart wanted a Typhoon H because I loved the design. It was in fact my second choice but then they released the plus version and it was out of my price range as I needed a bunch of batteries. Then it just seemed like they couldnt or wouldnt get themselves sorted out and fully commit to their releases.
When I purchased my first Breeze I was shocked at what it offered for the $150 Walmart deal that included an RC. It got even better after a couple of guys on the Yuneec forum were able to modify the firmware to double+ some of its flight parameters.
I just dont understand where they are going with their consumer drones. The Mantis Q was a major fail for the $ when you basically got the non-stabilized Breeze camera. The Mantis Q is much better but still overpriced at $699.
Yuneec just doesnt get it. You cant just offer a product against DJI if it doesnt beat them in a meaningful way unless you way undercut their price. The Q should be $499.
The Typhoon needs some major updates in its range/signal strength at the very least. I actually think the large controller is pretty cool but I am probably in the minority and I've never actually seen or held one. I just dont get why they wont update the hardware. Yuneec is out of touch in the consumer/Pro-sumer market. No idea how they are doing in the commercial arena.
I want to like the Anafi but wont spend on something with essentially no tech support.

Good on you if you can afford to own everything out there. Most of the players do offer some "Yuneec" features that some of you may need:)

Last edited:
It's a shame about Yuneec. When I was doing my research my heart wanted a Typhoon H because I loved the design. It was in fact my second choice but then they released the plus version and it was out of my price range as I needed a bunch of batteries. Then it just seemed like they couldnt or wouldnt get themselves sorted out and fully commit to their releases.
When I purchased my first Breeze I was shocked at what it offered for the $150 Walmart deal that included an RC. It got even better after a couple of guys on the Yuneec forum were able to modify the firmware to double+ some of its flight parameters.
I just dont understand where they are going with their consumer drones. The Mantis Q was a major fail for the $ when you basically got the non-stabilized Breeze camera. The Mantis Q is much better but still overpriced at $699.
Yuneec just doesnt get it. You cant just offer a product against DJI if it doesnt beat them in a meaningful way unless you way undercut their price. The Q should be $499.
The Typhoon needs some major updates in its range/signal strength at the very least. I actually think the large controller is pretty cool but I am probably in the minority and I've never actually seen or held one. I just dont get why they wont update the hardware. Yuneec is out of touch in the consumer/Pro-sumer market. No idea how they are doing in the commercial arena.
I want to like the Anafi but wont spend on something with essentially no tech support.

Good on you if you can afford to own everything out there. Most of the players do offer some "Yuneec" features that some of you may need:)
You don't want the Anafi. Anafi owners chop down trees.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Gotcha.
I did come across a video with a drone carrying a chainsaw but didnt watch it. That kind of stuff may look like fun on the outside but not good for the rest of us.

I have one Anafi that just wants to keep flying up in a tree and Ansia likes to bug me about it. :)
Had to use a power saw to get it down the last time :rolleyes:
Thanks for clear things out. I will never buy an Anafi... I almost but not anymore.

Thanks for clear things out. I will never buy an Anafi... I almost but not anymore.

Well for the price and knowing just what it can and cannot do it is a very handy UAV in my tool box of drones. They all perform differently and anyone who tells you that one is the best is full of dog poop and has no idea what he or she is talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: macoman and Pman
People really need to stop being Brand specific in my opinion. The Anafi had HDR video 2 years ago. Autel just brought it to the table with the EVO 2. Show me a another UAV that look's up a mountain to the top in a hoover.
Its not perfect and is only a tool. If your serious about getting great video you need tools, and the Anafi is just one of them.

Reactions: Windluv
People really need to stop being Brand specific in my opinion. The Anafi had HDR video 2 years ago. Autel just brought it to the table with the EVO 2. Show me a another UAV that look's up a mountain to the top in a hoover.
Its not perfect and is only a tool. If your serious about getting great video you need tools, and the Anafi is just one of them.
I use my drones for enjoyment... I really don't see them as a tool but as a flying camera to take interesting videos. Are you a 107 certified? I noticed that the only people that see drones as tools are 107 certified pilots.

I use my drones for enjoyment... I really don't see them as a tool but as a flying camera to take interesting videos. Are you a 107 certified? I noticed that the only people that see drones as tools are 107 certified pilots.

I am sorry I took so long to reply to your comment. My computer was laughing so hard it had to reboot from what you said.
I am Canadian and I am very surprised you have not picked up on that since I have mentioned it a lot in here and its in my Bio. As a Canadian we have very different rules then yours. Ours got settled June 1st and I really do not think we have to worry about this Remote ID crap like you do. If we do it will be ten years down the road as we just updated our rules last year. Good luck with yours.

• Wow
I disagree. I do use them as tools, but I am enjoying myself every step of the way. Why not get paid while doing it? Go get your 107!

I am sorry I took so long to reply to your comment. My computer was laughing so hard it had to reboot from what you said.
I am Canadian and I am very surprised you have not picked up on that since I have mentioned it a lot in here and its in my Bio. As a Canadian we have very different rules then yours. Ours got settled June 1st and I really do not think we have to worry about this Remote ID crap like you do. If we do it will be ten years down the road as we just updated our rules last year. Good luck with yours.
I am from the islands living in the US... sorry my friend... now I know ;)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791