Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink BETA ANDROID app update begins today!!

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Posted from Kenneth AR

We will begin rollout of the latest Starling app today. The rollout will begin slow and ramp up over the next week.

Please report any issues you experience

New features:

Change: the new version defaults to hardware decoder. If you experience issues with video open your settings and change to software decoding (app restart is required when changing this setting).

Fixed new registered user bugs in the personal information setting page

Fixed the thumbnail photos storage bug in the Flight Record Feature

Improved display for battery temperature warnings Android

Aircraft registration with Autel Robotics

Flight Record Feature

He was not clear on this in his post. It would seem to be just android and still the beta but with improvements. :(

Last edited:
LOL
Don't know. Lots of comments on their facebook page asking basically the same questions. If I find out more I post it here.

I wish they would of contacted me for the beta... now that I have another spare battery I have been using it more and have a renewed interest in it.
One of the biggest cons in my opinion is the companion app. I am excited to see what they end up releasing.

I don't see any IOS changes. Seems to be the same and NONE of the suggestions that I have given them.

Is it bad...NO, could it be better...YES, if they will listen!

That was in the first release. They did nothing for this current release.
There are many other issues besides flight data that they need to be addressing and we have seen nothing!

I agree but there is nothing you or I can do so relax :)
Hopefully we will start seeing some improvements soon. Its getting down to that end of the quarter time. Lets see what they come up with.

I'm totally good with the App for iOS because it has always worked really well, android users seem to have the issues. This is typically an issue with the android platform with many apps. However, Autel has fallen down and NOT worked closely with their beta testers. The have not informed anyone of the changes and What the beta testers should be focusing on and who they should be communicating with. A simple check off and comment form would have been nice.

They shouldn't release anything without a clear and concise direction and process to receive data good or bad.

Love their service, but this Beta App communication is just dreadful! If they want to get better and whip the competition, listen to those that can provide you great feedback. We who fly can really help them.

This is no different than my customer...I can only get better if my customers tells me what I do wrong or right. They have done neither!

Reactions: inkdrop
Looks like the new update is 2.0.2.23 that came out loaded it up this morning. Existing tablet no problem, new tablet no problem but I tried to load the google map for my area offline and no go as it has before, does not do anything until connected to the aircraft. Seems that is the only time it updates which IMO is useless for caching maps in an area that your going to fly but have no connection so you can't cache ahead of time. Maybe I'm missing something but so I haven't found a way to cache them at all when its not connected to the aircraft.

Looks like the new update is 2.0.2.23 that came out loaded it up this morning. Existing tablet no problem, new tablet no problem but I tried to load the google map for my area offline and no go as it has before, does not do anything until connected to the aircraft. Seems that is the only time it updates which IMO is useless for caching maps in an area that your going to fly but have no connection so you can't cache ahead of time. Maybe I'm missing something but so I haven't found a way to cache them at all when its not connected to the aircraft.

I assume your referring to a wifi only device?
The Starlink app cannot cache maps for offline use, that has to be done within google maps or earth, it saves them for 30 days and will have to be downloaded again at the end of that period.
I have to do this on my iPad mini 2- wifi only, it's a PIA if you forget to cache beforehand but the only alternative is using a cellular device.

The Starlink app cannot cache maps for offline use, that has to be done within google maps or earth, it saves them for 30 days and will have to be downloaded again at the end of that period.
I have to do this on my iPad mini 2- wifi only, it's a PIA if you forget to cache beforehand but the only alternative is using a cellular device.

Ok that sucks as the DJI app has no problem doing this. I put in a ticket with Autel to see if a change can be made on that. Your right it's a PITA and it sucks!

Ok that sucks as the DJI app has no problem doing this. I put in a ticket with Autel to see if a change can be made on that. Your right it's a PITA and it sucks!

I don't believe dji uses google maps anymore, not sure what map system they're using but from some of the feedback I've read the owners aren't happy with the resolutions. I see you have a few of their newer models so I'll defer to you as to whether or not their new maps are inferior or not. :rolleyes:

I don't believe dji uses google maps anymore, not sure what map system they're using but from some of the feedback I've read the owners aren't happy with the resolutions. I see you have a few of their newer models so I'll defer to you as to whether or not their new maps are inferior or not. :rolleyes:

The Here maps is what they are using, yes they did switch from Google Maps but they still cache, that's where I was going with it.

I own several DJI products and while the maps changed from Google to Here and I didn't notice any real differences.

Think the map issue is solved, Autel support called and we had a great discussion. They pointed a few things out, looks like it did the trick. Discussed the new firmware, and from what I heard I'm pretty excited and can't wait to see it. Folks in support went way above with me than what I have seen DJI do, can't thank them enough for the help and discussion

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials