Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SD Card Write Slow error

Len

Reaction score
Been getting intermediate warnings about SD Card Slow write speed while flying my EVO II Pro. I only record in 4K. Using Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB V30 card which should be fast enough for this... Today for the first time recording stopped after SD Card Write Speed error. Anyone else been having this issue with Sandisk Extreme Pro cards?

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpg
    IMG_4190.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 23
  • sd extreme card.png
    sd extreme card.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 25
Yes, have gotten the warning several times, especially filming in 6K h.265; have not had recording stop. V90 on the way.

Reactions: Len
Been getting intermediate warnings about SD Card Slow write speed while flying my EVO II Pro. I only record in 4K. Using Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB V30 card which should be fast enough for this... Today for the first time recording stopped after SD Card Write Speed error. Anyone else been having this issue with Sandisk Extreme Pro cards?
I have recieved that warning a couple of times but didn't seem to affect the video. Has not stopped recording.

I’ve gotten that warning also using the same cards you have. It never stopped the recording though. It would only do it while in the middle of a continuous recording of maybe 7-10 minutes.

Never got this warning. V30 is perfectly okay for everything the EVO 2 can do.

Never got this warning. V30 is perfectly okay for everything the EVO 2 can do.

The V30 which came with the drone gave me two of these write speed error messages on Saturday. I didn't lose any video, maybe it's a software issue? I was recording in 4k 60 with my 8K model

The V30 which came with the drone gave me two of these write speed error messages on Saturday. I didn't lose any video, maybe it's a software issue? I was recording in 4k 60 with my 8K model

If that warning is real, the card is faulty or a knockoff. The minimum write speed on a V30 is about double the max writespeed of the Evo 2.

If that warning is real, the card is faulty or a knockoff. The minimum write speed on a V30 is about double the max writespeed of the Evo 2.
I guess that's what I'd like to find out, is the warning real? The card is the sandisk extreme u3 v30 which autel sent in the drone...so I hope it's not a knockoff lol

I was receiving the same error using just my samsung U3, usually after long video recordings. Never lost video or had interrupted recordings. I decided to just use the one autel supplied, I was a bit shocked to see the warning.

I guess that's what I'd like to find out, is the warning real? The card is the sandisk extreme u3 v30 which autel sent in the drone...so I hope it's not a knockoff lol

I have several of those, 32 and 64 GB, never saw the warning. So maybe there may be some truth to the warnings being a a bug.

Do you think it's worth reaching out to Autel?

I don't know. My experiences with the support are the worst, so i don't expect much. On the other side i already saw a lot of people having the same problem. Meanwhile i'd bet good money there is a bug. Maybe you could test the card that made problems with your computer. If the write speed is okay, there has to be a bug in the firmware - or in the app.

Reactions: House Forasken
Its happening on the EVO as well, so to be happening on both systems at the same time....would point to be software issue...

Reactions: House Forasken
I'm having the same problem. Wanting to buy additional cards for more capacity. Unsure what cards to buy? Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem. Wanting to buy additional cards for more capacity. Unsure what cards to buy? Any suggestions?
Folks have said (also in the EVO II's manual) that V30, V60 cards should be used. I am using the V30 which came with the Autel II and I continue to have that error message.

I need to buy an additional card anyway. I'll try a V60 and report the results.

Never got that warning from my E2P but If I shoot anything over 1080, I get a lagged video...I'm using a Scandisk 64MB Extreme UHS-3 SD card. Still have no idea what's wrong...

Never got that warning from my E2P but If I shoot anything over 1080, I get a lagged video...I'm using a Scandisk 64MB Extreme UHS-3 SD card. Still have no idea what's wrong...
That is odd, I've never had video lag even with all the warning messages I've received. I shoot in 4K all the time and 8K a few times.
Have you used the V30 card the drone should have come with? Maybe reach out to Autel and see what they say.

That is odd, I've never had video lag even with all the warning messages I've received. I shoot in 4K all the time and 8K a few times.
Have you used the V30 card the drone should have come with? Maybe reach out to Autel and see what they say.

Yes, that is my next step.

How do you guys verify the ability of the SD Card? I'm talking about the displays you post showing the Card's abilities? Thanks!!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo