Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

"Unknown Battery" error on 3 different batteries

Mind Prod

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance for reading this, and I hope one of you can help me...
I'm contacting you today because I'm having a major problem with the batteries in my AUTEL Evo II Pro 6k V2 drone. Out of 4 batteries purchased, I now have 3 that are unusable, displaying the message "Unknown Battery" on the controller. The batteries have never been abused, stored in extreme conditions, show no signs of swelling or wear, and have no abnormal voltage.
The 4 batteries are XE3_7100_1155 model, and here are the serial numbers of the 3 displaying the error message:
- B54821450515
- B54821451248
- B54821406066
The working one is number B54821394830.
Have you encountered this problem before? Do you know how to solve it? My firmware is up to date, the batteries are still charged correctly... I don't know what to do.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
Ive seen people say the firmware on each battery needs to be updated.
Have you done that?

Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance for reading this, and I hope one of you can help me...
I'm contacting you today because I'm having a major problem with the batteries in my AUTEL Evo II Pro 6k V2 drone. Out of 4 batteries purchased, I now have 3 that are unusable, displaying the message "Unknown Battery" on the controller. The batteries have never been abused, stored in extreme conditions, show no signs of swelling or wear, and have no abnormal voltage.
The 4 batteries are XE3_7100_1155 model, and here are the serial numbers of the 3 displaying the error message:
- B54821450515
- B54821451248
- B54821406066
The working one is number B54821394830.
Have you encountered this problem before? Do you know how to solve it? My firmware is up to date, the batteries are still charged correctly... I don't know what to do.

Thank you and have a nice day!

I just had the same thing happen with one of my batteries from my company owned V2 a couple of weeks ago. I inserted this battery, turned the drone on and it displayed “unknown battery”. The drone would not power on. I’ve got (4) batteries that are approaching 2 years old. If I remember correctly they have approximately 35 +/- discharges each and have been well cared for just like yours.

I’d also like to know what causes this. Firmware is up to date on my batteries as well. The battery does power up and shows being half charged.

Last edited:
Hello SixStarsDrone, thanks a lot for your answer!
Glad to see I'm not the only one this happens to... but I'm sorry for your batteries too.
For my part, I tried something that partially worked: I left the drone on with a battery inside until it was totally discharged. I then recharged it to 100%, and it allowed me to take off again! But then the problem returned... I can't figure it out...

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
Hello SixStarsDrone, thanks a lot for your answer!
Glad to see I'm not the only one this happens to... but I'm sorry for your batteries too.
For my part, I tried something that partially worked: I left the drone on with a battery inside until it was totally discharged. I then recharged it to 100%, and it allowed me to take off again! But then the problem returned... I can't figure it out...
You were able to charge the battery after it was fully discharged? I posted about a problem I’m having with another battery that won’t turn on or charge. I think it is fully discharged and has been for a couple of months and I don’t think I’ll be able to save it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout