Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RECORDING PROBLEM

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Went flying today in absolutely magical late afternoon lighting. The bird flew flawlessly but something was wrong with video recording—it would switch off after 6 to 8 secs. When I checked the card later, all the files were either 1 or 2 secs. Came home, reformatted the card and RE-downloaded/uploaded the latest firmware. Managed to run video—on the table without arming the motors—for 50 secs without it stopping. Re-charged the batts and will test again tomorrow.

Went flying today in absolutely magical late afternoon lighting. The bird flew flawlessly but something was wrong with video recording—it would switch off after 6 to 8 secs. When I checked the card later, all the files were either 1 or 2 secs. Came home, reformatted the card and RE-downloaded/uploaded the latest firmware. Managed to run video—on the table without arming the motors—for 50 secs without it stopping. Re-charged the batts and will test again tomorrow.
I’ve had that problem with the XSP, and it was the SD card —even though it was a card I’d used before. I emailed Autel and they told me to reformat the card on a computer, Mac / PC, NOT via the App. That solved it...

I’ve had that problem with the XSP, and it was the SD card —even though it was a card I’d used before. I emailed Autel and they told me to reformat the card on a computer, Mac / PC, NOT via the App. That solved it...
Thanks. Will do that. In the meantime I’ve formatted ad put in a new card.

Well, the recording problem seems to have been solved but now I have another “Damaged battery” my second in a couple of weeks. This time it took of beautifully and flew exactly where I was pointing—for just over 90 seconds anyway. Then it shot up to its RTH height, turned and headed towards the takeoff pad. I took control in the last 10 seconds or so when I thought it might be about to head off again. Checking the RC screen before switching off, there was a notifiicaion: “Battery is damaged”. Starting to get a little paranoid. Could it be a connection in the drone damaging the batteries?

Well, the recording problem seems to have been solved but now I have another “Damaged battery” my second in a couple of weeks. This time it took of beautifully and flew exactly where I was pointing—for just over 90 seconds anyway. Then it shot up to its RTH height, turned and headed towards the takeoff pad. I took control in the last 10 seconds or so when I thought it might be about to head off again. Checking the RC screen before switching off, there was a notifiicaion: “Battery is damaged”. Starting to get a little paranoid. Could it be a connection in the drone damaging the batteries?
Are you re-charging or charging within 24 hours of flight? If it's a charge from a couple days they are known to do this. I always recharge or top off right before flight withing a few hours myself.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Are you re-charging or charging within 24 hours of flight? If it's a charge from a couple days they are known to do this. I always recharge or top off right before flight withing a few hours myself.
Charged both remaining batts yesterday before flying and topped up last night before going to bed. Now down to my last, and apparently nobody in Oz is selling them any more.

I'd contact Autel so they can take a look at it. They can do it through email to see if they're ok. Maybe you got a batch that was laying around too long. I don't know but I don't recall anyone ever having this many problems with batteries when freshly charged.

I'd contact Autel so they can take a look at it. They can do it through email to see if they're ok. Maybe you got a batch that was laying around too long. I don't know but I don't recall anyone ever having this many problems with batteries when freshly charged.
I’ve sent another email to their NZ agent, who also handles Australia. Will see what he says first. They have a repair shop and experts there.

Reactions: Tufargon
contact autel robotics sned them an email providing the pic of the battery warning and some other details and they will change the battery for you. their customer service is tops ,not like dji smh..this is one reason i am going to stick with autel...very good support and if you look at their technology it has surpassed dji platform already..

contact autel robotics sned them an email providing the pic of the battery warning and some other details and they will change the battery for you. their customer service is tops ,not like dji smh..this is one reason i am going to stick with autel...very good support and if you look at their technology it has surpassed dji platform already..
They'll ask for screen shots of battery stats and probably ask him to drop the battery down to 7% (which is basically a reset) then to recharge and take a screenshot again of battery stats. Will probably ask for the log file too.

They'll ask for screen shots of battery stats and probably ask him to drop the battery down to 7% (which is basically a reset) then to recharge and take a screenshot again of battery stats. Will probably ask for the log file too.

actually drop it to 7% and press the on battery knob for 20 seconds then charge it..when fully charged then press the same on and off button for another 20 seconds.this resets the battery. and maybe it will work...dont do this reset battery once every 40 flights..

actually drop it to 7% and press the on battery knob for 20 seconds then charge it..when fully charged then press the same on and off button for another 20 seconds.this resets the battery. and maybe it will work...dont do this reset battery once every 40 flights..
Might have changed. That's not what they had me do two times to test batteries.
But then again I had it done with XSP batteries.

Yes, their customer support is excellent but both batteries are way out of warranty.

Yes, their customer support is excellent but both batteries are way out of warranty.
It doesn't matter. At least you'll know if they are bad or if you're doing something wrong. Don't want to waste a good battery. When they tested both of mine one was bad and I still have the other. I now know what I did wrong and I don't do it now.

It doesn't matter. At least you'll know if they are bad or if you're doing something wrong. Don't want to waste a good battery. When they tested both of mine one was bad and I still have the other. I now know what I did wrong and I don't do it now.
Good advice.

Here is my question. Are your batteries inflated in any way? Do you leave them inside your car or a place where it gets really hot? Have you checked the cells when fully charge to see the voltage of each cell?

Here is my question. Are your batteries inflated in any way? Do you leave them inside your car or a place where it gets really hot? Have you checked the cells when fully charge to see the voltage of each cell?
1. No. 2. Never. 3. No.

Then charge your batteries completely and check their voltage through explorer app.
Did that this morning:
Battery 1 at 100% capacity: 4.275. 4.275. 4.274 - no warning so seems okay
Battery 2 at 86% capacity: 4.084. 4.075. 4.066 - “damaged battery. Abnormal

(didn’t want to fully charge latter after the damaged battery warning came up as soon as connected—still showed 4 lights before start-up. This was the one that gave me trouble yesterday. Also, it was very hard to get in and out, though no Apparent signs of swelling).

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d