Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about height limits

mjbok

Reaction score
This probably applies to all drones, but asking specifically about the Evo. The built in height limit is 400 feet if I recall correctly, but that is from take-off height. If you take off from a height of 2000 feet above sea level and fly it away from the takeoff point to an area where the ground is 1000 feet above sea level (these are all hypotheticals), I assume there is no issue descending to 1000 feet below your take off altitude. Is this correct? Also taking off from the same point referenced before and you are flying at -500 feet from take off altitude when RTH kicks in how does it behave? I ask because I could see the drone doing an auto RTH, going up 50 feet and promptly flying into a hill.

when you take off from a 2000 high area,you can go up 400 more feet but legally can only fly away 400 feet,if you go further you must descent to 400 feet agl,at this point your rc will measure -1600 feet and a rth will result in the climbing of 1600 feet plus whatever your rth is set at.

Reactions: goferfan
This probably applies to all drones, but asking specifically about the Evo. The built in height limit is 400 feet if I recall correctly, but that is from take-off height. If you take off from a height of 2000 feet above sea level and fly it away from the takeoff point to an area where the ground is 1000 feet above sea level (these are all hypotheticals), I assume there is no issue descending to 1000 feet below your take off altitude. Is this correct? Also taking off from the same point referenced before and you are flying at -500 feet from take off altitude when RTH kicks in how does it behave? I ask because I could see the drone doing an auto RTH, going up 50 feet and promptly flying into a hill.
I've wondered about this too. If I take off from zero, go up 400 feet and over 400 feet along the slope of a 45 degree mountain what happens when RTH is activated and the height is set to 100? Does my EVO try to auger into the mountain 300 feet?

Reactions: skimcoat
If you are flying above the set altitude it will rth at what ever altitude you ere flying at if above the set altitute. If flying bellow set altitude the it will climb to the set altitude.

On the other hand, if you're flying at 10 ft and you push the RTH button, your drone will shoot into the sky like a bat out of hell. Freaked me out the first time I flew. :)

On the other hand, if you're flying at 10 ft and you push the RTH button, your drone will shoot into the sky like a bat out of hell. Freaked me out the first time I flew. :)
Thought you were never going to see it again didn’t you? That’s what I thought the first time I did the same thing!

Reactions: Gfd1182
Been there with my cousin's Phantom 3. I was thinking... Man, I'm glad this thing isn't mine! Lol!!! Then it got to 200ft where the RTH height was set and it started home. No, actually I was afraid we would never see it again. I had asked him if he had ever used the RTH and he said no. Then he said "hit the home button and see". And we seen! Lol
This is my first reply BTW. Hello everyone!

Been there with my cousin's Phantom 3. I was thinking... Man, I'm glad this thing isn't mine! Lol!!! Then it got to 200ft where the RTH height was set and it started home. No, actually I was afraid we would never see it again. I had asked him if he had ever used the RTH and he said no. Then he said "hit the home button and see". And we seen! Lol
This is my first reply BTW. Hello everyone!
welcome

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34