Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Second brand new Nano + not working. No yaw control and limited pitch control.

Andy Cox

Reaction score
So, not having time to sort the first faulty Nano + before setting off on my trip, I ordered a second new one which arrived yesterday and I have updated the firmware successfully and tried to take it flying.

However, the second brand new unit has a whole lot of other problems:

The gimbal does a self check and then just points straight down. If I hold it in my hand in a nose high attitude, say above 30 degrees, the gimbal will move and point straight forward and as I level it to the horizontal, the gimbal will return to the straight down position. I have checked the setting and it is set to Recenter.

In flight, there is zero yaw control. Novice mode is turned off and the flight mode is set to standard.

There is no right hand pitch control and virtually no aft pitch control. Pitch control forward and to the left are positive and as I would expect.

I have spent £1400 on two drones which are supposed to be a good quality and they both have problems out of the box which makes them as useful as paperweights.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone can please help with this, then I would be very appreciative. Screen shot of firmware level attached.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0324.PNG
    IMG_0324.PNG
    257.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: kopanz
Have you followed through with doing the compass, IMU and remote calibration? Must be done on flat surface outside. Dont do it in concrete as the rebar effects the compass.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58