Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Please say it isn't so!!!

Do you belong to their official facebook page? Sometimes they will answer in there faster or at least it is another way of trying to get their attention. Not that we should have to do that but it is a shoot out them nonetheless.

Okay, a very positive update (and relief) from me. I finally did hear from Andrew S at Autel. He told me my replacement will be shipped today FedEx 2nd day delivery. I can't tell you how much it pleases me. I guess they were short handed over the last few days I did offer to pay the difference in shipping and this is what Andrew S said, "No worries on paying the difference. Thanks for the update you should receive tracking information later today once your shipment is picked up". . I will now continue to hope that Autel does indeed 'live long and prosper'!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well dadburn, since they're not going belly up, now I've got to try to retract all those ebay bids on those used XSPs I was gonna use for spare parts.

...and the updated firmware has been "coming out very soon" since October 2016. :rolleyes: Let's be realistic - we don't really expect customer support to answer these types of concerns by saying "yeah, we're shutting down our distribution network and will be officially closing our doors in the near future", do we? Of course the official company line is going to be that the future is full of rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns. Talk is cheap...but the warning signs are unmistakeable.

Well they have replenished the Autel drones at our local Best Buy—been 3 months since we had any. And now the beta has been released for the firmware (which I heard has resolved a lot of issues already).

So this being said I don’t see an issue besides staffing problems.

Well they have replenished the Autel drones at our local Best Buy—been 3 months since we had any. And now the beta has been released for the firmware (which I heard has resolved a lot of issues already).

So this being said I don’t see an issue besides staffing problems.

I've never been more glad to be completely wrong :) I haven't updated my XSP yet - I plan to hold off on updating the firmware and read some of the reports from the early adopters. Since it's beta, I'll likely wait until an "official" version gets released (in fact, as a commercial operator, their terms and conditions expressly say the beta shouldn't be used). I was one of the guinea pigs with 1.2.8 (and elected to keep it); but I'll let others test this one out, especially since it's still beta. I did download the firmware, though - I just haven't uploaded it to the bird. Lesson learned from 1.2.8 is that the firmware could very well just suddenly disappear!

Last edited:
Do you belong to their official facebook page? Sometimes they will answer in there faster or at least it is another way of trying to get their attention. Not that we should have to do that but it is a shoot out them nonetheless.
That's how I've been able to get in touch with them. Usually within a hour or so . Posted autoland crash and apparently can't remember who was on the site but I got a reation within a few minutes

Has anybody been able to get through and actually deal with someone at Autel in the last few days? I have sent emails, made phone calls, and initiated a chat session but have not been able to get in touch with any human beings. All I get is an email saying we have opened a ticket (via my attempts at email and chat) and on the phone I get a prerecorded message saying that I would be contacted within 24 hours. None of these return contacts have happened since 4 days ago. Use to be a reply came within minutes!
Has anybody been able to get through and actually deal with someone at Autel in the last few days? I have sent emails, made phone calls, and initiated a chat session but have not been able to get in touch with any human beings. All I get is an email saying we have opened a ticket (via my attempts at email and chat) and on the phone I get a prerecorded message saying that I would be contacted within 24 hours. None of these return contacts have happened since 4 days ago. Use to be a reply came within minutes!
I usually get a prompt answer on the FB page.

More concerned about them being out of stock at Autel's website, than a 3rd party reseller. [emoji17]

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

I agree this is slightly concerning. Autel could be taking a page out of Apple's playbook and letting the old stock run out (or close to it) and then drop a new model. Apple's been doing this for day. Apple, who typically has a firm price control of their product, will knock a small percentage off the product and sometimes it'll sell out. Only to replaced with a new version shortly thereafter. They did this with their iPods and AppleTV units many times.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles