Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pix numbering with XSP

wernerjb

Reaction score
I only shoot stills with my XSP and change the card after every flight just to be sure to have at least the shots safe which I took before going on to the next flight.

However, when inserting the new card the files names start again with 1 - like MAX0001.dng. So coming back to the computer I need to convert the file names to be in continues numbers. Yes I know I can use software to rewrite the file names but it would be easier if the XSP would just keep an ongoing count.

A few years back I had come across some information about adding a text file that had a command line to start the first image file at say 100 instead of 001. Wish I could find that again. It might have been useful for you.

You can use a pretty simple graphics app called Irfanview to do what you want and always rename the files in bulk when you copy them over to your PC. It is a safe, no adware or spyware small app that I have used for years and will do batch resizing and a bunch of great little features for quick stuff...its no photoshop. Here are a couple of screens to show batch renaming...all you would need to do is every time you use it, change the starting number to the one after the last number in the folder you are copying to.

irfan1.jpg irfan2.jpg irfan3.jpg

Thanks but I was looking for a simpler way. Right now I use FileRenamer to do the job.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

I have this issue now with the EVO. Reached out to support and they said they'd pass along the info.

"File Naming Sequence" is a common option in the camera menu settings for most cameras. Even my P3A did this and had the option. Am I missing a hidden menu? This should be in the settings by default. This option also acts as a counter for the amount of images you've taken. MAX_0001 ---> MAX_9999.

How do I prevent file naming restarts on Nikon D5200?

Filename numbering settings (DJI forum)

Yes - on the Camera Screen, get into Camera MENU settings, then Tools (wrench symbol), scroll to bottom of Tools and you will see a setting for "File Index Mode." If you set File Index Mode to "Reset," the file numbers will reset every time you format the micro SD card (or insert a blank micro SD card). If you set File Index Mode to "Continuous", the File numbering sequence will continue to increment from the last number used if the card is blank (or the last file number on the current card if it has files on it).

Last edited:
Reactions: wernerjb
In my original printed XSP manual there is an option shown for
[ File Index Mode - Continuous, *Reset ] reset being default
But the option is not there in the software now.

Really wish they had option like my Canon, where each day a separate folder is created using mm/dd as name. For now, I just manually create mm/dd folder on the PC and move all the files for that day into place. If using multiple cards in same day, just create new sub-directory.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58