Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sound audio recording file transfer Help!

DaSheek

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a new nano+ operator and loving the sound recording feature that gets attached to my videos. I can see and hear them on my android phone after the flight but cant figure out how to transfer or even locate the file on my phone to be able to send to usb drive or computer.

In the sky app there is a download button towards the top with a lightning bolt and another DL button towards bottom with no bolt (when works is so slow 2mb/sec). Sometimes the bottom one is greyed out and when hit the top one it does nothing.

I tried to share the file uploading it to my google drive, it asked what quality to share and when i selected 4k but when it completes the transfer the file size has reduced significantly from the original and the quality shows.

If someone can tell me where the full quality video with audio on it is, i would be very appreciative for the instructions.

Reactions: GFields
Hi all, I am a new nano+ operator and loving the sound recording feature that gets attached to my videos. I can see and hear them on my android phone after the flight but cant figure out how to transfer or even locate the file on my phone to be able to send to usb drive or computer.

In the sky app there is a download button towards the top with a lightning bolt and another DL button towards bottom with no bolt (when works is so slow 2mb/sec). Sometimes the bottom one is greyed out and when hit the top one it does nothing.

I tried to share the file uploading it to my google drive, it asked what quality to share and when i selected 4k but when it completes the transfer the file size has reduced significantly from the original and the quality shows.

If someone can tell me where the full quality video with audio on it is, i would be very appreciative for the instructions.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I always pull the SD card and transfer all the files to a named folder on my PC.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I always pull the SD card and transfer all the files to a named folder on my PC.
Ya that would be the easiest way and preferred but that is not possible if the audio file is not stored on the drone (it should be quickly transferred there). The audio is my concern. How are you retrieving that?

Ya that would be the easiest way and preferred but that is not possible if the audio file is not stored on the drone (it should be quickly transferred there). The audio is my concern. How are you retrieving that?
I rarely ever worry about recording audio. Most of my work is Commercial Real Estate and if I make a video from it, I just add music.
However, the sound recording file should be on the SD card as well (if indeed it is capable of recording).

If you have sound recording enabled then it is recorded on your phone, not the drone. Open AutelSky without the drone connected and you should find the video files with audio included in Album. These are not at the same high resolution as the video recorded by the drone (I assume the data link isn't strong enough to transmit high Res video to your phone) but you should be able to extract and sync the audio in post production.

If you have sound recording enabled then it is recorded on your phone, not the drone. Open AutelSky without the drone connected and you should find the video files with audio included in Album. These are not at the same high resolution as the video recorded by the drone (I assume the data link isn't strong enough to transmit high Res video to your phone) but you should be able to extract and sync the audio in post production.
Ya I follow what you are saying but my issue is that I cant seem to be able to locate the audio file in the skyapp or anywhere else on the phones folders. It is only attached to like you said a low resolution video. Does that mean I have to extract the audio from that video and then add it to the better quality one? What a hassle this has turned out to be. Too bad they couldn't make it easier for us by either giving access to single audio file or option for the app to apply it to the hi res video.

Ya I follow what you are saying but my issue is that I cant seem to be able to locate the audio file in the skyapp or anywhere else on the phones folders. It is only attached to like you said a low resolution video. Does that mean I have to extract the audio from that video and then add it to the better quality one? What a hassle this has turned out to be. Too bad they couldn't make it easier for us by either giving access to single audio file or option for the app to apply it to the hi res video.
I prefer it that way as synchronisation is simple.

Reactions: CycleLochNess
I use an external stereo recorder for audio. I've got a refurbished Tascam I got off of Ebay for $80 that I use instead. Much better .mp3 files and I sync them to the video file post processing.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller