Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Part 107 procedure

CL117

Reaction score
Hi--new to drone operations and loving my Evo Pro II! Quick question: After requesting and receiving controlled airspace authorization, when I'm done flying---say 25 minutes and I'm done with the shooting, though I requested and was granted 60 minutes--do I need to do anything? Cancel the request? or anything? or just leave?. I was using AirMap tonight and I had 10 minutes left but wasn't sure what I am supposed to do. Thanks!

Hi--new to drone operations and loving my Evo Pro II! Quick question: After requesting and receiving controlled airspace authorization, when I'm done flying---say 25 minutes and I'm done with the shooting, though I requested and was granted 60 minutes--do I need to do anything? Cancel the request? or anything? or just leave?. I was using AirMap tonight and I had 10 minutes left but wasn't sure what I am supposed to do. Thanks!

I don't do anything, I just leave. I have time remaining all the time, I always request extra in case the job runs long.

as a recreational pilot, you no longer need to do anything so feel free to ask for several hours even though you plan to spend minutes. in fact, you can request time starting now when you don't plan to fly until later so you can request time at your forward location before you even leave home.

awhile back, i moved from one location to another and for some reason aloft laanc would not allow me to execute overlapping requests. today, that does not seem to be a problem.

Reactions: gschulzuio
as a recreational pilot, you no longer need to do anything so feel free to ask for several hours even though you plan to spend minutes. in fact, you can request time starting now when you don't plan to fly until later so you can request time at your forward location before you even leave home.

awhile back, i moved from one location to another and for some reason aloft laanc would not allow me to execute overlapping requests. today, that does not seem to be a problem.
Thanks. I'm doing some commercial work -- so does that make a difference here?

The only scenario where I can see having a problem is say you asked for 4hrs, you only used 2hrs then packed up and left. Sometime in those remaining 2 hrs when you were not there an incident with a drone occurs. Well the first thing they are going to do is question everyone who had authorization for that area for that time.

That's why I don't do things like ask for an entire day when I only need a few hrs.

The only scenario where I can see having a problem is say you asked for 4hrs, you only used 2hrs then packed up and left. Sometime in those remaining 2 hrs when you were not there an incident with a drone occurs. Well the first thing they are going to do is question everyone who had authorization for that area for that time.

That's why I don't do things like ask for an entire day when I only need a few hrs.

That makes sense, thanks.

No, as long as you are 107 and getting a 107 LAANC does not make a difference. You can request for longer than you need, you can request in advance, you can even have overlaps, and, if 107 you can even request for at night. However regardless of if 107 or TRUST/rec/hobby, reminder that airspace authorization via LAANC are AGL absolute (no combing with building height), and, may have a weather restriction caveat such as if ceiling is below 1000', hint, read what your LAANC authorization actually says.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials