Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit mode

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
OK let us revisit it again. :)
I had asked two Autel programmers if :
Does the Exp you have set for Yaw speed affect the autonomous mode for Orbit? Some are saying they are getting smoother Orbits when the EXP is set to 0.7 this is why I am asking.

and they said:

Hongfei AR No, it won't help actually. The EXP control of Yaw speed is about the flight control firmware. However, the jerky orbit issue is caused by the gimbal firmware. I verified it today, the orbit was doing the same thing under different EXP settings.

Actually I can't imagine this problem being solely caused by gimbal software unless it controls yaw as well...there has to be a flight control component to this...in all these jerky videos you can see the aircraft being yaw'd like it's on a pull string..I think this software dude is splitting hairs :(

Hmmmm...if we think about this in it's purest form which is mathematical I can understand the comment from the dev guys.

YawAction = [StickMovement x Exp]

in reality some algorithmic operand, I just used multiply as an example.

Orbit is a predetermined distance, path, and turns around a point based on your inputs, basically a full program versus a single command and we are not sending any yaw commands while in orbit mode. Is what we are seeing the yaw of the bird OR compensating movements of the gimbal to stay on the target as GPS readings change? When doing your tests are you orbiting yourself as the target or a point on the map? We know calculations take time to happen, even as fast as the processors are today, any lag in one number causes a waterfall effect on others. If I take the developer as correct there is an issue in the gimbal firmware taking the movement orders and translating/calculating them into actual movements...maybe too slowly causing heavy compensation.

Can we say for sure it's yaw movements and not camera point compensation movements? Or could this be a lag in something like GPS signal comparison sending calculated position to feed into the rest of the calculations and causing a miss in turn. Just thought provoking.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert