Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro orbit is always an ellipses.

Solostarian

Reaction score
So this has been a thing on all of my EVO 2 Pro's V1 and V2, regardless of the firmware version, or controller. When I set the center point, say at the center of the tower im inspecting, the orbit starts fine but every single time it will have one side fly closer and one side father away. Meaning its not making a cirlcle it's making ellipses. This is quite annoying as it affects range to target and perspective. Most of the time I just fly orbits manually, unlesss it is really big or I have to do a lot of them.

No amount of calibration seems to make anydifference on the gorund, but I did notice that if after I set the center point, before moving back, if I went up and down several meters the orbits became tighter, but still ellipses just the same.

Has anyone else had their machines do this?

• Sad
Reactions: uas_gian
Have never used those automatic features, will test this at a future occasion.

Does it mean you have to tilt the camera angle up and down to compensate for the distance toward the center of the alleged ellipse?

The only working solution has been to pull the drone back and push the drone forward at different portions of the “orbit“. Also, sometimes when I need it on particularly large towers I’ll just let it fly. It’s the lips because it’s still more accurate than trying to constantly adjust the range to target by using my viewfinder.

This is really the only intelligent flight feature that I actually use, as with flying around towers, 95 to 98% of the time it’s all manual.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo