Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Obstacle Avoidance advice from service dept. - Correct?

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
My obstacle avoidance is kicking in when no obstacles are nearby creating a halting jerky experience when panning. So I tried the OA Tool 1.0.8, to attempt to calibrate it, only to find out it does not connect to my V3. So I wrote to Autel and had a quick response....

.... "Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics.

Unfortunately, the OA Calibration Tool do not support for EVO II V3 series, please try use the remote controller to calibrate OA system.

If the problem still exist, please share the picture of aircraft serial number, APP version, remote controller version and aircraft firmware list to us.

You could find in Autel Explorer APP: Setting -- General -- About.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist."

Apologies for being stupid but I have looked on the SE controller and there is no OA calibration tool or app.
Am I looking in the wrong place, or is this misinformation.

There does not appear to be a manual to look through to verify the above advice.

My obstacle avoidance is kicking in when no obstacles are nearby creating a halting jerky experience when panning. So I tried the OA Tool 1.0.8, to attempt to calibrate it, only to find out it does not connect to my V3. So I wrote to Autel and had a quick response....

Unfortunately, the OA Calibration Tool do not support for EVO II V3 series, please try use the remote controller to calibrate OA system.

If the problem still exist, please share the picture of aircraft serial number, APP version, remote controller version and aircraft firmware list to us.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist."

Apologies for being stupid but I have looked on the SE controller and there is no OA calibration tool or app.

There does not appear to be a manual to look through to verify the above advice.
YET ANOTHER INDICATION OF THE FACT THAT AR HAS NEVER FINISHED THE EVO II V3 !!!!
OA CAN'T BE CALIBRATED, SERIOUSLY, NO DOCUMENTATION, FOR REAL. WHEN WILL AR FINISH THE EVO II V3???? THAT IS THE QUESTION

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
The reseller has offered me a new drone, and is persistent that I don't ask for a refund. Even though I have asked for a refund.

Autel have provided a case number and are asking for info on how the issue arrived.
I did screen recordings to show the OA right side noting phantom obstacles when in mid air. Though the controller randomly shut down, mid flight, three times in a row for no reason so did not record the screen recordings during those instances.
Something wrong with this V3 and controller.
If I go with Autels option, the last time I had my V1 in for a warranty repair when the OA sensor failed to detect an obstacle on one side but tried to avoid a phantom obstacle and corrected itself into a rock, it took them over a month to return the drone. Though the V1 was rock solid until it emergency landed in the sea due to a battery cell fault.
My concern is they (Autel) might just give me a refurb V3 rather than new replacement even though I bought Autel Care.
The reseller wants to give me a new one and says it will take about 7 days to arrive.
I at this point, think a refund is the best approach, though I will be very sad to say goodbye to Autel.
I do not want to be a beta tester for their drone. Though maybe I am tired and grumpy as all I have been doing is testing why the drone never pans smoothly and why the OA keeps kicking in for no reason, so from my perspective the V3 is not functioning correctly and the drone is only 3 weeks old at this point.

Last edited:
It is with a heavy heart and a lot of reflection that I have returned my V3. Due to the multiple issues, most of which are software related, except for the controllers, battery dying three times in a row on a professional job.
I have requested a refund and it has already been posted back.
As much as I hate to admit it, the DJI mini three pro when I was comparing the video footage when tracking or panning, to the V3 was actually better and flew without issue.
The video quality obviously was better with the Evo.
I have been using the mini three pro on numerous jobs recently, and it has worked flawlessly.
I attempted to use the V3 on a simple job and the battery cut out and shut down the controller three times in a row whereby the drone decided to return to home each time, as I had no control.
Two things I have found using the DJI which are of great used to me, and is the quick transfer ability and the smooth control.
It’s such a shame that Autel does not seem to want to support their V3 with the software required to calibrate It’s obstacle avoidance.
The missing missions and lack of 10 bit is a great shame when it seems like a massive step back to what they offered previously.
Hopefully Autel will let the coding person finally get round to solving all of the issues I have experienced and maybe one day I’ll come back.
A DJI Mavic 3 pro is on its way for me. Let’s see how that goes.

Last edited:
Well, I am regretting my decision for getting a DJI Mavic 3 pro. First one came and was damaged in the box and had lens issues.
The replacement also has lens issues. This seems very familiar to the last time I bought Mavic two pros.

Last edited:

This is a video of the OA playing up.
Two clips, the first I am applying right stick to the left and nothing is happening.
Second clip am reversing and applying right stick to the left and left stick to the right. The noticeable jerk in the panning, when looking at the OA it kept flashing up with an issue.

Still, when comparing this footage to the DJI Mavic 3 Pro. I would take this, any day of the week.

I also returned my V3 after 2 replacements eventually ended up selling it for a loss. Got the Mavic 3 Pro and it has been rock solid ever since. No issues what so ever.

It is with a heavy heart and a lot of reflection that I have returned my V3. Due to the multiple issues, most of which are software related, except for the controllers, battery dying three times in a row on a professional job.
I have requested a refund and it has already been posted back.
As much as I hate to admit it, the DJI mini three pro when I was comparing the video footage when tracking or panning, to the V3 was actually better and flew without issue.
The video quality obviously was better with the Evo.
I have been using the mini three pro on numerous jobs recently, and it has worked flawlessly.
I attempted to use the V3 on a simple job and the battery cut out and shut down the controller three times in a row whereby the drone decided to return to home each time, as I had no control.
Two things I have found using the DJI which are of great used to me, and is the quick transfer ability and the smooth control.
It’s such a shame that Autel does not seem to want to support their V3 with the software required to calibrate It’s obstacle avoidance.
The missing missions and lack of 10 bit is a great shame when it seems like a massive step back to what they offered previously.
Hopefully Autel will let the coding person finally get round to solving all of the issues I have experienced and maybe one day I’ll come back.
A DJI Mavic 3 pro is on its way for me. Let’s see how that goes.
I have a 3 Pro and a 3E. I have to say if there was a way to add the camera system to the P4Pv2, it would win hands down. The P4P series is a workhorse and just plain worked. These new edition systems, in my opinion, leave a lot to be desired.

Did you find a solution ?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo