Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Obstacle avoidance stopped working

Steverino

Reaction score
I've just noticed that Obstacle Avoidance on my EVO II is no longer working. The Autel Explorer app shows it's on but the aircraft acts as if its off. Turning in off and back on doesn't help. I've also noticed the radar map will sometimes show an obstacle and beep, when there are no obstacles anywhere close to the aircraft. I ran the Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool and it showed Obstacle Avoidance was working fine and did not require calibration. I attempted to calibrate it anyway and I could see the B&W sensor cameras were all working. However, the red square that has to be moved to line up with the green square would not appear. At one point, I did it a faint red square to appear for just a moment but it soon disappeared, making it impossible to calibrate the sensors. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

I've just noticed that Obstacle Avoidance on my EVO II is no longer working. The Autel Explorer app shows it's on but the aircraft acts as if its off. Turning in off and back on doesn't help. I've also noticed the radar map will sometimes show an obstacle and beep, when there are no obstacles anywhere close to the aircraft. I ran the Obstacle Avoidance Calibration Tool and it showed Obstacle Avoidance was working fine and did not require calibration. I attempted to calibrate it anyway and I could see the B&W sensor cameras were all working. However, the red square that has to be moved to line up with the green square would not appear. At one point, I did it a faint red square to appear for just a moment but it soon disappeared, making it impossible to calibrate the sensors. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA
I would do a factory reset on the quad and controller and reinstall earlier software or beta or both to test. I know its a lot of frustrating work but it will be worth it.
Put in a new SD card just in case something is corrupt.

I would do a factory reset on the quad and controller and reinstall earlier software or beta or both to test. I know its a lot of frustrating work but it will be worth it.
Put in a new SD card just in case something is corrupt.
Thank you for your reply. How do I reset the quad and controller? I've searched through this forum and also within the Autel Explorer app and did not see that option. I did find I could calibrate the IMU and perhaps I'll try that but I doubt that will help with this issue. I have done a few camera resets but that didn't help. Switching SD cards also does not make any difference.

I just updated the firmware and "upgraded" to the beta version. I also recalibrated the IMU. I thought it had fixed it but then I realized collision avoidance will occasionally work, but it's rare. The front worked once and then stopped. I had the rear collision avoidance working for a minute but the front, sides, top and bottom didn't work. As soon as I tested the rear collision avoidance again, it too had stopped working. I tried again to calibrate collision avoidance but had the same problem as before, the red square or circle would only appear occasionally but not long enough to line them up. When the red square or circle does not show up, the message to "point the aircraft at the screen" appears as if it doesn't even sense the aircraft's CA camera sensors are pointed at the screen. Meanwhile, the black and white image from the collision avoidance cameras looks fine.

I've emailed Autel Robotics Support about the problem but I've lost confidence in their support since it took three weeks to get a simple one word answer from them last time, in spite of multiple emails. I hope it will be different this time. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, I've love to hear them. Or, if anyone knows how to a factory reset on the quad and controller, I'll give that a try.

I just updated the firmware and "upgraded" to the beta version. I also recalibrated the IMU. I thought it had fixed it but then I realized collision avoidance will occasionally work, but it's rare. The front worked once and then stopped. I had the rear collision avoidance working for a minute but the front, sides, top and bottom didn't work. As soon as I tested the rear collision avoidance again, it too had stopped working. I tried again to calibrate collision avoidance but had the same problem as before, the red square or circle would only appear occasionally but not long enough to line them up. When the red square or circle does not show up, the message to "point the aircraft at the screen" appears as if it doesn't even sense the aircraft's CA camera sensors are pointed at the screen. Meanwhile, the black and white image from the collision avoidance cameras looks fine.

I've emailed Autel Robotics Support about the problem but I've lost confidence in their support since it took three weeks to get a simple one word answer from them last time, in spite of multiple emails. I hope it will be different this time. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, I've love to hear them. Or, if anyone knows how to a factory reset on the quad and controller, I'll give that a try.
I will try to help wit h the resting but it sounds internal like something went wrong on one of the circuit boards. Hopefully not. If you flew in damp weather , maybe. Even a bad landing could jar something loose.
I've had good luck with Autel. But now with the new drones they are busy and they said it will be hard to keep up with email.
I can't do i t tonight . I'm on my way home from the Indy car race.
02-28-2022
I don't think there is a factory reset . Sorry for miss leading you. Your problem sounds like hardware failure but you can refer to this post. It may help or food for thought.
Be patient with your ticket think they will get back to you on a matter like yours.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves