Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Right Obstacle avoidance sensor always detects something even though there is nothing there.

MattDBealGIS

Reaction score
We just got our Evo II pro a few days ago. I took it out yesterday and if flew fine. It said a something about needing to calibrate the OA system using the downloadable tool, so this morning, I downloaded it and did that. 3/6 were in need of calibration according to the software, including the right side. I completed the calibration without issue. Shortly after, I noticed there was a firmware update. I first tried to do it OTA, but it failed, so I downloaded the firmware and put it on the card and did it the manual way, which appeared to work without issue. I then took it out to do some flying. Once in the air, right OA sensor started to freak out saying there was an object detected about 4 meters to my right. But there was nothing there. I can pivot the drone in a complete circle and the entire way around, it will say that there is something ~4 meters away. It's particularly annoying because I can't roll to the right. The drone just refuses to move because it is detecting something to its right. It will not fly missions either because anytime it needs to roll to the right, it just stops until the mission automatically aborts.

So far, I have tried cleaning the OA sensors, redoing the firmware update, and recalibrating ALL OA sensors (even though the software said that they were all good). No dice. It still is picking up something ~4 meters away. Has anyone had this issue?
I'd appreciate any tips!

I would advise sending it back to Autel if it's in warranty.

Brand new drone out of the box. I have the exact same problem, randomly flying the drone detects an obstacle to the right, roughly 4m away, I thought the drone was damaged. How did you gix your problem?

Brand new drone out of the box. I have the exact same problem, randomly flying the drone detects an obstacle to the right, roughly 4m away, I thought the drone was damaged. How did you gix your problem?
I ended up having to return it to the vendor. Replacement has no issues.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials