Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Noticed XSP slowly descending when moving forward

Hey, I'm still learning my way around. I've had mine less than a year. Be careful, it's a hot rod now.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm still learning my way around. I've had mine less than a year. Be careful, it's a hot rod now.
Tested it and yes, very good improvement, wonder if I tell Autel that the reason it crashed on my roof is because I didn't update the firmware. Wonder if they refund me he he he lol

After I updated the firmware all of my problems seemed to disappear! I used to have major delays between pictures and even lost the ability to use the camera completely on some flights, plus the crazy yaw control and bouncy landings and video link troubles.... I was always rooting for Autel but was almost ready to jump ship.... Now the bird seems rock solid and flying it has become fun!.... I also want to say how grateful I am to all of you who post on this forum, I have gained so much from each of you! Thank you!

Reactions: PRMath
I just looked at the video I took of the last flight I took just minutes before my crash flight. I guess I felt like living dangerously that day...

After I updated the firmware all of my problems seemed to disappear! I used to have major delays between pictures and even lost the ability to use the camera completely on some flights, plus the crazy yaw control and bouncy landings and video link troubles.... I was always rooting for Autel but was almost ready to jump ship.... Now the bird seems rock solid and flying it has become fun!.... I also want to say how grateful I am to all of you who post on this forum, I have gained so much from each of you! Thank you!
I felt the same way when I first joined this forum.

I'd been flying my XSP for a couple months and was posting pics/videos on a tractor site I frequent. I was pretty cocky. Friend there said there's "bold" pilots, but there's no OLD "bold" pilots. :)

I brushed that comment off. Six weeks later I crashed twice in one day. Having survived that I have calmed down and now fly more aware of the consequences of not being aware...... :)

Here's a video of my first crash.

Great video up until that point:). I have a couple of tree crash videos. At least you weren't too high it appeared. We need to have a section for crash videos on here.:D

Great video up until that point:). I have a couple of tree crash videos. At least you weren't too high it appeared. We need to have a section for crash videos on here.:D

That crash only broke a prop. Later that day I was videoing my Grandson's High School Graduation party in their lawn. Strewn with large oak trees. Hovering over the trees videoing. Moved past the top of one and then lowered to get better video. Wasn't quite clear of the tree. That one broke the camera off the gimbal. I spent some quiet, alone, reflection time after that and reset my boldness. :)

Speaking of crashes, I'm going out now to pick up my replacement drone. Hope she's a good one!

Sometimes we rely on the screen too much and don't see that limb beneath us. That's what I did.

Last edited:
Sometimes we rely on the screen to much and don't see that limb beneath us. That's what I did.

Yes. I was creeping forward, thought I had cleared the tree, which was now behind me, lowered into the tips of the limbs.

There's a video on Autel's website about their proposed new XSP. Has retractable legs and rotating camera. Might be handy for looking around for obstacles. But won't it complicate flying the drone since you'll no longer know which direction forward is???

Well, I picked up the drone. It’s marked as refurbished, but looks brand new. I fired it up enough to verify operation of the motors, gimbal, and camera. I updated the firmware, charged all of the batteries, applied decals, and outfitted the case.

Between buying a new drone, a used one, a replacement, and various other purchases, I now have quite the collection of accessories, including a large pile of props, 4 chargers, 8 batteries, 4 or 5 gimbal repair kits, 3 lanyards, 5 or 6 gimbal locks, 3 sets of filters, and a pile of documentation. Too bad they’re not really worth much.

I’m gonna go fly her tomorrow. Too many items on today’s “honey dew” list to sneak in any flying today.

Well, I picked up the drone. It’s marked as refurbished, but looks brand new. I fired it up enough to verify operation of the motors, gimbal, and camera. I updated the firmware, charged all of the batteries, applied decals, and outfitted the case.

Between buying a new drone, a used one, a replacement, and various other purchases, I now have quite the collection of accessories, including a large pile of props, 4 chargers, 8 batteries, 4 or 5 gimbal repair kits, 3 lanyards, 5 or 6 gimbal locks, 3 sets of filters, and a pile of documentation. Too bad they’re not really worth much.

I’m gonna go fly her tomorrow. Too many items on today’s “honey dew” list to sneak in any flying today.
If you want to sell a few props, let me know, but I know you can never have enough.

Reactions: Bigbit

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert