Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

my sc is now shipping and s/b on the way. but I'm not sure if anyone has already used these; not sure if autel sent them to people ahead of time. I've checked and I don't see a single review. if nothing by this weekend, then those who are buying will probably start posting on monday or early next week. not going to matter to me, unless there's a problem, I'll enjoy my sc regardless.
im guessing stock is so limited that Autel didnt want to spare a single unit for Youtubers. which i totally understand that all untits out there have been spoken for. and Autel users would be pissed off a reviewer got a smaple knowing that its a limited short run. thats why every Tech youtube channel doesnt like reviewing GPU cards right now. why review something that people cant buy

I have mine on hold for a few days now. Id like to read some of your first hand thoughts before forking out a couple of grand on this thing.
Supplier will keep it for a week for me so im waiting. I want it, but dont particularly want to be the first

Well good news my SC has shipped and should be in my hands tomorrow at least we will know that is real lol planning on my first ever unboxing video tomorrow.. I’m sure that will be “interesting“ at least the item of much discussion will be real hopefully new CEO good on word and will make it right when I need a new bird and SC

I was considering making a purchase of the Pro model (Considering a purchase of the Pro model) but luckily read through this thread before whipping out my credit card and the spider sense a tingling just knocked me right off the fence into the safety of holding onto my money. Never seems to be a good idea to jump into the middle of a company's internal turmoil. Unless you have a burning need to have that particular drone right now, I think it would be best to hedge your bets by sending it back, and wait to see how things shake out. Especially if you had planned on getting that controller sometime down the road.

IMHO.
absolutely true. it makes no sense to buy an evo 2 today and consider purchasing the sc later down the road. that's a no-no. if you don't already have a line on a sc and you really want one for sure, you need to wait until you can buy a v2 drone. you might even have the option to buy a v2 drone/sc bundle sans standard rc at a decent price. if you absolutely have no need for a sc, you are free to buy a drone today or tomorrow or next month or next year, it's not going to matter all that much. personally I think you can get a v1 drone pretty cheap and something tells me the v2 drones are not going to exhibit these rock-bottom prices.

Reactions: G_G
im guessing stock is so limited that Autel didnt want to spare a single unit for Youtubers. which i totally understand that all untits out there have been spoken for. and Autel users would be pissed off a reviewer got a smaple knowing that its a limited short run. thats why every Tech youtube channel doesnt like reviewing GPU cards right now. why review something that people cant buy
fortunately it doesn't have to work that way. if autel has 5,000 unit to ship, they need to keep 500 units for warranty replacements, etc since not all 5,000 will work right out the box. they will also need to replace units under autel care so autel must have enough spare units on the ground (including counting returns and refurb) to take them into v2 territory (whenever that is). they could easily spare 10 units (and ask for them back) to influential youtubers back in march but personally, I think it isn't a good idea to have 10 video all claiming the remote is great but it's v1 technology and it has "limited life" and "limited range"....this message is likely to overshadow the awesome unit.

think about it, if these guys getting their units Friday and they fly and it's great and then on Saturday they power up the sc and it's dead and autel says sorry we have no more, they're all spoken for, gotta wait until [December]....going to be pissed. I don't run their business but I gotta believe they know this.\

I got a ups ship notification but I can't tell exactly when it will arrive just yet.

Mine was just shipped, should be here tomorrow evening. Have the whole weekend free, Normally, fly RC planes on weekends but in this case Evo 2 Pro with SmartController has priority.

Very excited, big thanks to advexure ?

Reactions: alsey7
fortunately it doesn't have to work that way. if autel has 5,000 unit to ship, they need to keep 500 units for warranty replacements, etc since not all 5,000 will work right out the box. they will also need to replace units under autel care so autel must have enough spare units on the ground (including counting returns and refurb) to take them into v2 territory (whenever that is). they could easily spare 10 units (and ask for them back) to influential youtubers back in march but personally, I think it isn't a good idea to have 10 video all claiming the remote is great but it's v1 technology and it has "limited life" and "limited range"....this message is likely to overshadow the awesome unit.

think about it, if these guys getting their units Friday and they fly and it's great and then on Saturday they power up the sc and it's dead and autel says sorry we have no more, they're all spoken for, gotta wait until [December]....going to be pissed. I don't run their business but I gotta believe they know this.\

I got a ups ship notification but I can't tell exactly when it will arrive just yet.
im not really worried about the SC breaking in a few weeks or days. One thing is that Autel International ( which im guessing build the SC for Autel Robotics ) has been making Tablets for years and never heard of them breaking. and those tablets are buidl for Automotive shops

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
maybe @advexure could jump in here as they are the ones that have "shipped".
Have you guys actually shipped your orders, and have therefore had hands on with one of these devices?
Yes, a fortunate number of early Advexure pre-orders have now been fulfilled.

Productions units are beautiful ?

AutelSC_5.jpg

So you guys that have the SC winging toward you tomorrow, I'm dying to know if the controller actually weighs 1.15 Kg (2.5 lbs!) or if that was the shipping weight?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
So you guys that have the SC winging toward you tomorrow, I'm dying to know if the controller actually weighs 1.15 Kg (2.5 lbs!) or if that was the shipping weight?
Just dropped one on the scale. 2 lbs 10 ozs without what Autel calls the "Smart Controller Protective Case". We're calling it the "ergonomic snap on". 3 lbs with the snap on.

@advexure you guys must have just got the pallet and then printed out the shipping labels and shipped these rare item out the back door. Thanks

Yes, a fortunate number of early Advexure pre-orders have now been fulfilled.

Productions units are beautiful ?

View attachment 10738
Beautiful SmartController for sure, Red knobs and push buttons trim stands out nice.

Bet it was was (All Hands On Deck) today getting these out to the early-bird Advexure pre-ordered customers, Thanks so much!

Paul

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Just dropped one on the scale. 2 lbs 10 ozs without what Autel calls the "Smart Controller Protective Case". We're calling it the "ergonomic snap on". 3 lbs with the snap on.
Does it fit in the basement of the Rugged Bundle case?

Reactions: edgardcafe
So here we have taken the stand off. Our guess is most are going to default to stand off. In these pics we also have the "ergonomic snap on" installed on the rear of the SC. The sticks do stick up above the roof of this cavity whether you have the snap on installed or the SC is naked. The sticks screw off. The stand does have an area to screw them into the stand when they are removed.

SC in Case1.jpgSC in Case2.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout