Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

I was at the Wally World in Kingston, New York the other day picking up some things for the car, and I noticed that they had an iFixandRepair store. They're one of several national chains that mainly fix mobile phones; so they at least have electronics tools and technicians who know how to use them.

I've never used their services (nor any other electronics-repair service) because I do those sort of things myself. In fact, I owned a computer-repair company in the Greater New York City area until about ten years ago. I sold it and moved to the country when the old lady and I split up. I wanted to be gone before she changed her mind. She hated the country, and I hated the city: So I skedaddled while the skedaddling was good.

But I digress.

The point is that these chains exist throughout the United States (and presumably other countries), and I really can't think of a good reason why they couldn't be authorized to do retrofits of V1 drones and/or controllers to V2. I keep looking at the teardown pictures, and it looks like it would be a yawner for even an entry-level electronics technician. Certainly someone who fixes cell phones for a living could do it.

Most of the distributors probably have technicians who are capable of doing the retrofits, as well. Which brings me back to that moribund equine: Why not do retrofits rather than replacements?

We've become a society that doesn't like fixing stuff, which is a shame. But that's a phenomenon, not something that came down from Sinai. The option does exist and, in this case, seems to me to be the easiest and best one for all concerned.

Please update the thread as you work on getting it into the rugged case.

I haven't tried to fit it in my rugged case yet. Now that it's in transit for RMA/replacement, it'll likely be at least until this weekend until I can try; high class, first world problem I'm honored to have.
Update....I started a thread for my S/C to Rugged Case fitment...

Reactions: mshmovie
I actually was talking about on the drone.

Hmmmm....internal memory card....I wonder what secrets that card holds on it. The DJI internal memory holds flight records of every flight you take with map coordinates and flight tracking with map overlays. I had bought a refurbished Mavic Pro a long while back, got into the internal memory, dumped the contents and saw that the former owner was in Australia, saw where their house was and where they flew the drone....the refurb had only about 4 flights on it. You turn it on, it records where it is. Makes me wonder if the Evo's do the same...not sure.

Hmmmm....internal memory card....I wonder what secrets that card holds on it. The DJI internal memory holds flight records of every flight you take with map coordinates and flight tracking with map overlays. I had bought a refurbished Mavic Pro a long while back, got into the internal memory, dumped the contents and saw that the former owner was in Australia, saw where their house was and where they flew the drone....the refurb had only about 4 flights on it. You turn it on, it records where it is. Makes me wonder if the Evo's do the same...not sure.
I would guess it's just internal memory, probably handy for really short missions if you forget to bring an SD card. I'm really not curious enough to try to access it, though.

To remove the back panel after removing 4 screws you push down the panel. its being held by a middle plastic bracket. be very carefull because if you go to fast you will rip the speaker and record and photo button ribbon. sorry if i didnt do a detail teardown video i was tryong not to break anything

Attachments

• DOT.jpg
    DOT.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 20
To remove the back panel after removing 4 screws you push down the panel. its being held by a middle plastic bracket. be very carefull because if you go to fast you will rip the speaker and record and photo button ribbon. sorry if i didnt do a detail teardown video i was tryong not to break anything
Not at all, I had just figured it out but thank you very much for the reply. So it looks like it is actually expandable up to 1TB. I can't understand why they wouldn't implament some kind of dooelr there to utilize it.

Not at all, I had just figured it out but thank you very much for the reply. So it looks like it is actually expandable up to 1TB. I can't understand why they wouldn't implament some kind of dooelr there to utilize it.
ya they could have designed a back door on the sd card slot

Reactions: SARty
Would have made sense and a lot of people way more inclined to purchase it. I wander if the V2 SC will have a door for it.
hell even Yuneec on there first drone the ST10 remote had access to the sd card slot behind the battery

im a fan of DJI, but 8kms at 50ft in a congested area????? id love to see evidence of this
When people make these claims, it calls the validity of everything they say into question and probably B.S.
I am not fan of DJI drones per say( primarily because of their geofencing), but I do own and use their FPV system :cool:.

Reactions: JTech777
I am not fan of DJI drones per say( primarily because of their geofencing), but I do own and use their FPV system :cool:.
I'm not a fan of geofencing because it blatantly violates Asimov's Second Law of Robotics. (Seriously.)

In a practical sense, however, it wouldn't make a difference where I live. Controlled or restricted airspace around here is almost as rare as an open bar at a Baptist picnic.

Update: I received my the replacement Autel Robotics Smart Controller today as the original had some cosmetic QC issues.
  1. Randall Warnas communicated a few times throughout the process; initially on a Sunday when I reported the issue.
  2. Customer service engaged first ting on Monday and had a replacement on it's way to me on Tuesday (once mine was in transit)
  3. I received a call from Keith Gerhardt; Autel Robotics' Senior Director of Sales
  4. I received my replacement in pristine condition two days ahead of FedEx' forecast.
This was a super customer support experience. I'm looking forward to seeing it applied to the V1/V2 upgrades when we need them.

This was handled well.

Update: I received my the replacement Autel Robotics Smart Controller today as the original had some cosmetic QC issues.
  1. Randall Warnas communicated a few times throughout the process; initially on a Sunday when I reported the issue.
  2. Customer service engaged first ting on Monday and had a replacement on it's way to me on Tuesday (once mine was in transit)
  3. I received a call from Keith Gerhardt; Autel Robotics' Senior Director of Sales
  4. I received my replacement in pristine condition two days ahead of FedEx' forecast.
This was a super customer support experience. I'm looking forward to seeing it applied to the V1/V2 upgrades when we need them.

This was handled well.
When I read comments like this one, makes me feel good and just hope they @AutelCEO will keep doing a great job with customer support!?

Reactions: mshmovie

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy