Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

did a Range test on smart controller with stock antennas i got 25,000 ft distant and still had full bars
That's good to know. The promise of improved RF is really the thing that tipped the scales for me on this as opposed to a Tripltek. Not that I've had any problems with the stock controller, but a little safety margin is always nice to have.

Reactions: mshmovie
wow 4.7miles is a long way!! was the battery pleading for help when it got back ;)

yes working on video right now
You may want to be careful about what you publish if you're US based as being beyond VLOS may get you a call from the powers that be (I will not type that three letter key word to this post to avoid the attention of indexing bots/search engines).

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
You may want to be careful about what you publish if you're US based as being beyond VLOS may get you a call from the powers that be (I will not type that three letter key word to this post to avoid the attention of indexing bots/search engines).
pretty sure he had several spotters along the way. and...he probably took the video across the border in Mexico. ;)

I will tell you one thing Autel needs to work on battery time programming . i lost like 7 minutes of flight time under 1 minute. maybe battery didnt really hold a charge.. but only charged it 12 times. uploading video guys to youtube. Will post once its done

alsey7....thanks for the test. There's a person posting on the Facebook page that he got less range with the S/C over the standard controller.

Overall best flights ive
alsey7....thanks for the test. There's a person posting on the Facebook page that he got less range with the S/C over the standard controller.
location in mexico had no Wifi signal no Cell nothing middle of nowhere. you guys will like the video

Reactions: JTech777
I will tell you one thing Autel needs to work on battery time programming . i lost like 7 minutes of flight time under 1 minute. maybe battery didnt really hold a charge.. but only charged it 12 times. uploading video guys to youtube. Will post once its done
I got that a couple of times on a 23-minute flight. lost quite a chunk of time all at once but midway thru the flight I regained a few minutes. ultimately came home with 6 minutes remaining on the battery but I still get nervous.

Reactions: JTech777
that sucks because not only am I getting a much increased range but with the sc also I have yet to see not even a single video signal is weak message when I used to see them on rc *all* the time knock on wood.

Last edited:
that sucks because not only am I getting a much increased range but with the sc also I have yet to see not even a single video signal is weak message when I used to see them or rc *all* the time knock on wood.
I probably haven't flown with the S/C as far as yourself and alsey7 have....but it seems to me that the antennas alone on the S/C would have to make an improvement over the standard controller.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials