Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Stuff?!

When we bought this amazing bird, none of us knew they were going to upgrade the camera. <snip>
When we bought the X-Star we saw it had a removable camera that would be replaceable/upgradeable in the future. At least that's how I saw it. There was no guarantee's, but for a company to make the camera removable when most other offerings were fixed implies it. Doesn't it? :D

Reactions: brian bwin
Well said cokeaddict and TJ. We went with the X-Star because we could start offering aerial photo/video right away with a very, very, minimal investment and upgrade the camera at a later time.

I guess the frustrating thing for me is they really hyped the "things that are coming" but maybe should have held off until they had some firmer idea of a release dates, price, etc. Like this is what they said:

"The FLIR Duo module is slated to launch in the first quarter of 2017. It will be able to show both thermal and standard, visual light images. The Duo will allow users to switch between the two in-flight, view both at the same time with picture-in-picture, or see a blended image of both. These capabilities will provide a better in-flight experience, as well as a highly-detailed thermal image, suitable for many applications including inspection and first response.

The 1-inch sensor camera module is set to launch in the second quarter of 2017. This upgraded camera will shoot 4K Ultra HD video and 20MP stills. The larger sensor will allow this camera to perform better in low-light scenarios and capture more cinematic images with a wider aperture."

Which none of that is happening at this point. Combined with saying "we're very close" on the firmware for months is just rubbing me (and a lot of others, apparently!) the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, so happy with the drone in general! Just wish Autel hadn't teased the camera for 2Q 2017 and now have literally no idea when it will be ready :)

I bought it because it has a removable gimbal. I bought anticipating an available upgrade for the cam. I'm not real happy that they haven't released it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah now if they only connected to the GPS before you ran 10% of your battery down, once connected remained connected.... mine has been a nightmare. Customer service is great though each of the three times I sent mine out.. it came back quickly and free of charge.

Having a great camera is nice but if you don't believe you can fly it reliably what good is it. Which is why mine is gone.

I have both, Yuneec and Autel plus a home built. I can tell you building one from scratch you learn very fast just how hard it is to make everything work like it is suppose to. :)

Reactions: cokeaddict

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58