Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Multiple Devices - Explorer App

dumbroofer

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, newbie here - both to the forum and the drone world. I'm looking for some guidance/opinions and appreciate anyone's insight.

I own a commercial roofing company and have purchased two Evo II Pro drones for company use. From a business perspective, I'd like to keep the equipment the same, as much as possible so I can create scale and consistent training. I have a couple of issues, currently:
  1. I have created device names for each SN - for example, Device 1, Device 2, etc. Employee A (licensed pilot) can check out Device 1, or Device 2, and the same for Employee B. In other words, the device doesn't belong to the employee but rather to the company. And, they should be interchangeable...at least in concept. My issue is that within the Explorer App, it appears that it can only be tied to once device. Even though there is a 'My devices' option, the reality is that it is only a single device. With that said, I can connect with Device 2 and controller 2, but the name selected in the app is still Device 1. I'm concerned that if I fly, the log will apply to Device 1 even though that isn't true. What am I missing? Doing anything wrong? Thinking about this wrong?
  2. I noticed on another thread where an office person can create mission plans and then share them with employees in the field, who have the drones in their possession. We have successfully done that with UgCS but hate that everything is metric and it is cumbersome to use, currently. ARgh. I saw in the thread that Dronelink has a beta version for iOS that can accomplish the same thing....yet, I can't seem to find that anywhere online...My objective here is to have the technical staff determine the maps, flight plans, camera settings, etc so the results are predictable and we can use the shots to create our 3d models for roof measurements, inspections, maintenance requirements and thermal imaging. Depending on the end goal, the settings are different which is why I don't want my 'roofers' thinking, but only flying. I want the thinking to happen in the office, if that makes sense. No disrespect to my roofers - I love them to death, but...they are really good at roofing, not setting mission plans.
What guidance do you folks have? Again, I'm new at this...2 months in to be honest...but love the potential and the usefulness IF I can solve some of this scalability stuff.

Sorry if any of this is repeat...I did try searching before posting. Thanks in advance for your time and opinion.

I'm all ears (eyes)....

Each aircraft is bound to a email account. So if you want device 1 , bind it to email 1 and device 2, bind it to email 2 and so on. Otherwise all of the aircraft will be bound to one email and show up in the "my devices" tab. If you've already bound an aircraft to an email and want to change your setup you must contact Autel support to have them unbind that aircraft and rebind it to another email account.

I cannot speak to Mission planning software choices though. That is something you're planning department should research. There are options, but not as many as with other brands drones.

As far as aircraft settings and camera settings etc etc. I would recommend having one skilled pilot determine those settings and then share that information with your planning department and have the settings for each mission either pre-programmed by the pilot for each individual flight or program through the mission planning software.

Just a few thoughts. Hope they help. Welcome to the drone industry!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy