Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New pilot in DFW (Dallas, TX area for non locals)

SniperREX

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I recently upgraded to the Evo from a DJI Spark. The 4K 60fps was the feature that convinced me to buy the Evo over the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.
I love the jump in video quality from 1080p 30fps on the Spark to the 4K 60fps. It takes a lot more time to render the videos after editing though :(.

I have noticed that my videos always show a somewhat blurry left side of the video.

See for example this video I recently took:

When I was flying low on the ground in ludicrous mode, the video compression got really bad, but it is understandable I guess.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you verified if your camera lens is smudged in any way? It is not normal for only the left side to be blurry. You can unscrew the lens and clean the insides as well.

In all honestly I don't see it, but I watched it from my tablet, so it could be that.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Just use the search function to see if anyone has asked it before and already has an answer.

Happy flying!

Welcome

To me at the start of your video the sun was on the left side and perhaps gave the impression the left side looked soft but as soon as you turned around that disappeared on the left side.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you verified if your camera lens is smudged in any way? It is not normal for only the left side to be blurry. You can unscrew the lens and clean the insides as well.

In all honestly I don't see it, but I watched it from my tablet, so it could be that.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Just use the search function to see if anyone has asked it before and already has an answer.

Happy flying!
How do you unscrew and clean the lens? I did a quick search on the forum and I don't see any post detailing how to do that. I kinda feel uncomfortable tinkering with such an expensive new "toy".

In both of these pics the sun is on the right side. In this first pic, the trees on the bottom left corner are definitely softer than the ones in the center right. Also the bridge looks much sharper.

Evo left side blurry.jpg

In this last pic at least the grass in the bottom left look as sharp as the center and the right side. However, from the middle left to the upper left it looks softer than the other side.

Evo left side blurry2.jpg

I agree with your statement. Here is how to remove the lens. It's the same for the Evo. Don't be afraid, it was designed for this.

OK, I cleaned the lens inside. Unfortunately, the issue is still there. I'll contact support.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller