Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New firmware update V1.3.27 (gimbal sway fix?)

Did you get a notification upon startup, or did you get the .bin file?

A notification (you must update the Sky app first), but for the moment the update is failing, tried several times and can't get past 20%.
Also tried to manually copy the file to the SD card but it also fails at 20%.
20% is when it tries to copy the files from the phone to the drone.

A notification (you must update the Sky app first), but for the moment the update is failing, tried several times and can't get past 20%.
Have you tried updating from a Different Device as i had same issue with my Evo 8k and tried it on a different device and worked..

Tried with a different device, with a different battery, with a different SD card, with a different cable... restarted several times the drone, the controller, the devices... result is always the same. Fail at 20% and please restart and try again.

3 devices, 3 batteries, 2 cables, 2 cards 😆

Last edited:
Downloaded the app update APK (1.3.25 for Android) yesterday but it repeatedly failed to load on my phone, so no indication of FW update once opened.
Good news is the Lite+ continues to fly fine and has no issues, though I have not tried a hypterlapse due to no good subject areas where I have flown recently. Tracking mode work fine on a person but only in static (tripod type) mode: still no dynamic mode until this new update comes through.

Some pics (Unedited) from last evening's flight in San Diego area

Attachments

• -1_2_0_2022_05_06_19_35_44_MAX_0115.JPG
    -1_2_0_2022_05_06_19_35_44_MAX_0115.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • -1_2_0_2022_05_06_19_54_14_MAX_0126.JPG
    -1_2_0_2022_05_06_19_54_14_MAX_0126.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Same problem with my iPhone 6+, but switched to my iPad Mini 5 and it worked the first time.

Finally nailed the FW update by switching off wifi and using 4G, just as someone this forum had suggested.

/the new SHOOT mode has a menu accessible to parameters directly, no more switching among PRO, Video, Photo. This is a great improvement, you snap any of the parameter to adjust (shuter speed, aperture, EV etc.) and it enters PRO automatically. You can now zoom in out in PRO mode, and the zoom dial is also easy to handle now.

Glad that Autel is still alive.

Will try hyperlapse tomorrow.

Last edited:
Tried the SD card method with the firmware file I copied from the phone, compressed and uncompressed and didn't make any difference, the drone didn't care at all when I introduced the SD with the firmware and failed at 20%.

Also sent an email to Autel.

Tried with Moto G8, Moto G9 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A7.

Tried the SD card method with the firmware file I copied from the phone, compressed and uncompressed and didn't make any difference, the drone didn't care at all when I introduced the SD with the firmware and failed at 20%.

Also sent an email to Autel.

Tried with Moto G8, Moto G9 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A7.
Try turning off WIFI and use your Data on mobile device as this has worked for others..

Reactions: gophcc
Also tried that, even turned off the router. I live in the coutry side, so only my own WiFi is around, turned off both the 2.4Ghz router and the Wifi6 plus router I have, a repeater on the garden and also an inalambric transmitter for a headset and a bluetooth device, so there shouldn't be any 2.4/5.8Ghz emitter nearby.

Gonna try with a few phones of my "phone graveyard" just in case any one works.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity where do you get the .bin file? Having trouble downloading on Wifi (on vacation so can't use data) and was hoping to test the manual method.

Out of curiosity where do you get the .bin file? Having trouble downloading on Wifi (on vacation so can't use data) and was hoping to test the manual method.

From the autel sky folder on the phone, once it's downloaded it remains there, but it isn't making any difference for me. I emailed Autel, maybe they send the proper file for the manual method.

The path is: Android\data\com.autel.autelsky\files\Upgrade

From the autel sky folder on the phone, once it's downloaded it remains there, but it isn't making any difference for me. I emailed Autel, maybe they send the proper file for the manual method.

The path is: Android\data\com.autel.autelsky\files\Upgrade

Ahh mine won't even download haha. Gets to 16% then crashes. I'll just try again once I'm home.

i installed the new firmware , the gimbal away is still occur. even more serious。

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain